BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I liked the old system!

I mean the one before all of the pics were "LOST" to Purgatory.

And what about the previous 25,000 posts are they all gone. I had some saved. I hope there still around somewhere.

I am not trying to complain mind you but Change just for Change's sake >>Well you understand my thinking here I hope.

Stevea2980

PS - Ok, OK I found the old postings, I feel better now

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
stevea2980 said:
I liked the old system!

I did too, I think I liked it's lay out better, but I really like some of the features of this board better, the quote function is sweet for one, I'm still playing around with the site but so far, I like it fine

Tom

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Well?

tmgs said:
I did too, I think I liked it's lay out better, but I really like some of the features of this board better, the quote function is sweet for one, I'm still playing around with the site but so far, I like it fine

Tom

If they can work the magic on this site to allow all new posts as single emails sent to one's mail client instead of the single daily post of new threads, I'd like it a lot better. I really do not like the stumbling around feeling of navigating a BBS.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Trust me, Harry. This is one of the features that I am really working on. There is no way I can keep up with all the activity on the forums unless I get them as emails. It is the next feature upgrade I plan on making.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
I have been playing around with the different settings, and have come to the conclusion that I will read a far fewer number of posts now because of the more tedious process compared to the "Last 24 hour" mode I used on the old site. There, the posts were all there in chronological order, not threaded. Then If I was interest in one of the threads I could see it in threaded mode. I read a LOT of posts there, but here, with seemingly only the threads showing, and having to click into them to read posts, many will just get skipped over. Unfortunate, as I had a lot of fun reading posts in the old forum that will likely get skipped over here.

There are definitely some great features here, but at the expense of other things.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to see all posts in chronological order, non threaded? Tried to find a setting to allow that, but so far am a little disappointed. Feel I am going to miss out now. I spent quite a bit of time on the site before, cannot take additional time to get the same reading experience as before. Wife would take away my computer. :D

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
That is what I have been doing, except I had not noticed the "first unread" button.

I will get the hang of it soon, but still think I would read more posts on the old site than here. You know, teaching old dogs and all that. :D A lot more scrolling here due to the much larger space a simple posts takes on screen. One thing I like though is the reverse chronological order setting available. Don't have to scroll all the way down then read upwards as I did in the "Last 24 hour" mode on the old site. Now I just have to hit the first unread, then read up. Hmm, maybe standard order setting is better with this feature, first unread then scroll down to read the rest. Yeah, gotta go back to school.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
eljeffe said:
Trust me, Harry. This is one of the features that I am really working on. There is no way I can keep up with all the activity on the forums unless I get them as emails. It is the next feature upgrade I plan on making.
OK ElJeffe...I'm holding you to it!!! :) And thanks...

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
While playing with grif's suggestion, I may have found an easier way. From the new home page, look in the upper right corner for a box titled "User CP." Under the picture of your avatar, there is a link for New Posts:, followed by the number of new posts since your last visit. Clicking on that link brings up all the unread threads in order. It's not by individual posts per se, but may be helpful anyway.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
messenger13 said:
See what happens when you don't take your medication! :D
Hmmmpf! Lynn thinks that happens to me just about every day!

Feelin' Good Karl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts