BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Remus exhaust today that I found used on IBMWR. Only took me a few hours including a trip to work to get an 02 sensor wrench and stud installer. 5 studs had backed out and with some help from the torch the nuts came right off.
Had to remove the upper left fairing panel to gain access to the 02 wire but I left the battery cover on. I simply pryed the front of it away from the frame and stuck a piece of wood in there to keep it out of the way.
Everything went pretty smoothly and I'm happy with the end result. I like the look of the gold/bronze tinted stainless pipe and the polished muffler, looks great on my gold LT. :D
The deep growl from the system around town pleases me as well, not nearly as loud as my race piped Bandit and it helps mask some of the funky sounds the K motor makes.

All in all a good investment for me. :cool:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
It sure does look good Brian. Just fix your seat issue & your good as gold.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It looks good. Did you notice any significant difference in the way she runs? Any change in performance?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't really notice any perceptable seat of the pants power change, good or bad.

Might add a performance chip in the future to help take advantage of the less restrictive flow. But for now I'm content with making some noise. :D

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
beeper said:
I didn't really notice any perceptable seat of the pants power change, good or bad.

Might add a performance chip in the future to help take advantage of the less restrictive flow. But for now I'm content with making some noise. :D
I've got the remus and the Rhinewest combo.. While not at a $5 foot long price, she definatly mooooo--ves.... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts