BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering my new GS Adventure this week!! WOO HOO! But I'm looking for advice on paniers and topcase. The dealer wants to sell me the standard BMW Adventure stuff, but I kind of like the idea of adjustable bags. I understand that the Vario stuff is made of plastic while the Adventure gear is aluminum. So I'm torn between size adjustability and durability. Any one have experience with either type? Thanks.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
dlbushey said:
I'm ordering my new GS Adventure this week!! WOO HOO! But I'm looking for advice on paniers and topcase. The dealer wants to sell me the standard BMW Adventure stuff, but I kind of like the idea of adjustable bags. I understand that the Vario stuff is made of plastic while the Adventure gear is aluminum. So I'm torn between size adjustability and durability. Any one have experience with either type? Thanks.
The Vario cases will not hold up off-road. Especially if you tip the bike over. I really like my Jessie Bags. They are a little bit of a chore to mount but that's a one time thing. They have held up well on many off road trips and minor crashes. They hold a TON of stuff too...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Varios look nice, but they won't hold up if you dump the bike. What do you do when you're in the middle of nowhere and the cases are totaled?
When my Varios got wrecked, I decided to apply the insurance funds to something durable. Perhaps Jessie bags or Micatech. The Touratech GSA bags look pretty durable and good looking.
Think about access when the bike is loaded down (if that's what you plan to do). That's the attraction of the Micatech.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts