BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to how many of you have ridden from Vancouver to Halifax (or there abouts) and if so how long did it take you to ride one way.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Went from Richland Wa. (SE part of the state) up into B.C. then across Canada to Nova Scotia & P.E.I., then back thru New England, back above the great lakes & on to Vancouver B.C. before heading back to Richland. Went 9600 miles in just over 3 weeks. We took one lay over day in Bar Harbour Maine. for the fireworks display on July 4th. One of the best trips we ever took. Great weather except for 1 day of heavy rain around New Brunswick. Friendly folks & many were curious about the bike. I arranged for a replacement tire in Toronto before we left, as I knew we would need one about there.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
ronk1200lt said:
Just curious as to how many of you have ridden from Vancouver to Halifax (or there abouts) and if so how long did it take you to ride one way.
Rode from Victoria to TO, took me about 4 days on the LT. Been a while so memory is not fresh.

BTW we will be in Edmonton on April 21 - 26, Easter weekend.

Garry

·
Registered
135 Posts
This past year, Toronto to Halifax, two days, same coming back.
Toronto to Calgary, four days, Edmonton to Toronto four days coming back.(via Canada)
I would guess Calgary to Vancouver would be one to two days, depending on preference.
These distances were achieved riding solo, riding daylight, but not really any stopping for sightseeing. It would take some prior assessment to determine whether a pillion would be happy with that type of day. Good luck with your planning.
Ross
PS Both directions and return were done on the same set of tires.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
ronk1200lt said:
Ron, when do you expect to do this? If we are around we have an extra bunk if you want.
BTW, I'll be in Edmonton April 21-26 to see my granddaughters.

Garry

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
garry_kramer said:
Ron, when do you expect to do this? If we are around we have an extra bunk if you want.
BTW, I'll be in Edmonton April 21-26 to see my granddaughters.

Garry
Hi Garry!

I am planning to do the trip starting around September 12th this fall. I am in town on the 26th of April. If you are around, let me know and we can go out for breakfast or lunch. It would be great to finally meet you in person.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
ronk1200lt said:
Hi Garry!

I am planning to do the trip starting around September 12th this fall. I am in town on the 26th of April. If you are around, let me know and we can go out for breakfast or lunch. It would be great to finally meet you in person.
If you are in the area on Sept 17th you could register for my ride. You would get the long distance award. BTW I'll be at CCR this year in Boisie.

Garry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts