BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any valve buckets that they would like to sell or trade. I am in need of qty (3) - 2.75mm and qty (8) -2.8mm buckets. I have plenty of buckets with a qty 7 - 2.85mm, qty 8 - 2.9mm and qty 5 - 2.95mm that I can trade or if anyone needs some. Please let me know if you have any available. I see that they are really pricey at the dealership. Has anyone ground one down lately? If so, please share the procedure with me.

Thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
I’m sure I have some of the 2.80 for you, I’ll check and let you know. That’s a lot of valves out of spec! I’m going to guess your bike is at 24k? That’s when I had to change 10 shims. Have not had to change one since, now at 62K.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for checking for me. No my bike has 180K miles on it and I purchased it with 70K. I hope to ride it another 100K before I need to put on another engine. By the way, I also picked up a spare engine years ago when it's time to replace this one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone have any valve buckets that they would like to sell or trade. I am in need of qty (3) - 2.75mm and qty (8) -2.8mm buckets. I have plenty of buckets with a qty 7 - 2.85mm, qty 8 - 2.9mm and qty 5 - 2.95mm that I can trade or if anyone needs some. Please let me know if you have any available. I see that they are really pricey at the dealership. Has anyone ground one down lately? If so, please share the procedure with me.

Thanks
I have 2 x 2.80 and 3 x 2.75 that are yours for the postage if you still want them. Took them off a 2002 LT in 2011. Text me at 615 585-9233.

Jim

·
Registered
364 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts