BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my dealer yesterday to cancel my order for a 1200 GS Adventure and he said there is rumour of a V6 replacement for the LT on the way.

Apparently they have big bonuses on the 2006 LT to get rid of them and no more on the way.

Sounds good

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Check out this thread:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875

My sources that have been very accurate have the next-gen K1200LT coming out with the K1200S engine, be about 100 lbs lighter, and still have fixed mount bags and all the gadgets we've become accustomed to (including a few other surprises). It is slated to arrive in late 2007 as a 2008 model.

As for dealer incentives or spiffs, in the US, there are NONE on 2006 models. Plenty on 2005 models, and BIG ones on the remaining 2004 models, but not on the 2006 models. And the K1200LT isn't even included in those incentives. Even looking at the flooring terms, only the R1200RT is getting any special treatment.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Jeff,

Maybe the V6 is actually a special LT, the HP6? :rolleyes:

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
eljeffe said:
Check out this thread:

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875

My sources that have been very accurate have the next-gen K1200LT coming out with the K1200S engine, be about 100 lbs lighter, and still have fixed mount bags and all the gadgets we've become accustomed to (including a few other surprises). It is slated to arrive in late 2007 as a 2008 model.

As for dealer incentives or spiffs, in the US, there are NONE on 2006 models. Plenty on 2005 models, and BIG ones on the remaining 2004 models, but not on the 2006 models. And the K1200LT isn't even included in those incentives. Even looking at the flooring terms, only the R1200RT is getting any special treatment.
El Heffe is correct there are NO incentives on any 2006 model BMW's.

Jeff, Your source may be wrong on the new KLT....

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Why would anyone want an integrated GPS? When the bike is parked, it's a worthless option. At least with a Garmin Unit (Tom Tom, Magellen, Lowrance, etc.) you could move it to your other bike, car, truck, airplane, etc...

·
Registered
147 Posts
eljeffe said:
Why would anyone want an integrated GPS? When the bike is parked, it's a worthless option. At least with a Garmin Unit (Tom Tom, Magellen, Lowrance, etc.) you could move it to your other bike, car, truck, airplane, etc...
Agree fully use mine in the Jeep as will as the Bike have used it on the water also just playing around. great in the fog if you have some waypoints set in for the area.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
That could be a real Gold Wing killer.

Sounds nice... :cool:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
eljeffe said:
Absolutely! I'm traveling on business tomorrow, and next week I'll be back in Wash D.C., and the Garmin 2610 is going with me. The best $600 I ever spent.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just got back from Bike Week in Daytona on the LT. Sorry to hear that you cancelled your order on the GS Adventure. I demoed the GS Adventure at the BMW tent and loved it. Now I know why people rave about the GS. For a nearly naked bike, I was surprised how well the wind is deflected off you. I'm seriously considering a GS for a second bike and the Adventure is more my style.

As for a V6 in a LT, I'd rather see a high performance 4 to keep the weight down and the balance right. ESA would be a nice option, integrated XM or Sirius satellite radio would be great too. I want to see the LT remain the sportier of the heavy tourers. The performance difference between the GL1800 and the LT ws the deal breaker for me.

What ever BMW does, I hope it knocks any upcoming Wing out of the park.

Dave
2005 K1200LT, Graphite, XM XT, Motolights, Xenon

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Jefe,
Don't need to. My aeroplane already has one (intergrated into the dash).

Seriously now, it would not be a problem as they already have the screen on the current LT, and think of the security advantages. Bike could be tracked automatically by security companies if stolen.

·
IBR# 366
16,555 Posts
It's true that you can't take an integrated GPS into a hotel room or another vehicle, but I also never worry about my GPS getting stolen off the bike. Also, I don't need a laptop to program the thing, as all map and routing data is on the GPS at all times. The newer GPS units with larger storage capacities have somewhat negated this advantage, and sometimes it's nice to be able to plot routes on a larger screen in the hotel, but there are some advantages to integrated units. The biggest disadvantage to me would be the difficulty in upgrading an integrated unit as newer technologies arrive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have to agree with some in that a V6 may be too heavy and it may lose it's sportiness. My friends all have sportbikes and the look on their faces as I keep up with them and pull up on lights right behind is one of "how does a wing look alike do that" then they realise it is much more than a wing and handles like a sports.

Cancelled the GSA because I would miss the comfort that the LT gives me especially on long comtinental rides. Would also miss the cruise and the stereo too much

1 - 14 of 14 Posts