BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this again is a thread that probably has been beat to death.

I want to mount my V1 on my right handlebar area.

Can you send me pix of your mounts? Pix, costs, and where to buy and if you like it.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
pieceofficer said:

Can you send me pix of your mounts? Pix, costs, and where to buy and if you like it.
Hey, Bill - down at the bottom of the page on your post is a thread started by Ernie. Got pix and the mounting box and everythang. This oughta get you started 'til other folks chime in. HTH.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not much help

I was part of that thread, but it doesn't show a mount at all. It shows Ernies' rainbox.

I need to see what mounts the V1 to the platform, and platform to arm, and arm to the bike.

You know...Knee bone connected to the leg bone...

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
pieceofficer said:
I was part of that thread, but it doesn't show a mount at all. It shows Ernies' rainbox.

I need to see what mounts the V1 to the platform, and platform to arm, and arm to the bike.

You know...Knee bone connected to the leg bone...
Yeah, it shows Ernie's mount, butt a better picture comes up if you click on the Saeng/TA Boss Pro URL that Ernie has listed in his second paragraph. Fact I think it's on the left handle bar of an LT even. HTH

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dick

Yea, I will go there now. I want mine on the right handle bar though. I am guessing that is what you meant. I will check it out

The rest of you have any comments about Saeng products?

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
pieceofficer said:
Yea, I will go there now. I want mine on the right handle bar though. I am guessing that is what you meant. I will check it out

The rest of you have any comments about Saeng products?
I like mine real well. They might be expensive, but they are clean and easy to install. Click here for more details. They have both right and left hand mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright more questions

Ernie,
A few questions...

First off, in that position, are you still able to lock your forks with the windshield down?

What do you do for rain protection?

The clip on the arm of the mount, I am assuming is the power plug for the V1.

What are you using to mount your FSR?(I know I know...new thread..haha)

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
pieceofficer said:
Ernie,
A few questions...

First off, in that position, are you still able to lock your forks with the windshield down?
Yes. The V1 is adjustable with this mount so you can move it to clear the windshield.

pieceofficer said:
What do you do for rain protection?
I have a simple plastic box to keep it in and it velcros to the mount. I also carry a small plastic baggy and a rubber band for a quick cover in a shower.

pieceofficer said:
The clip on the arm of the mount, I am assuming is the power plug for the V1.
Yes. It was supplied by J&M after they added the power/sound cord on the V1

pieceofficer said:
What are you using to mount your FSR?(I know I know...new thread..haha)
The FRS/GMRS is mounted on the plastic wind wing with a velcro strip and the belt clip. Simple, and a little red-neck, if you ask me, but functional. It has been on this wing for over a year and 20k (plus) miles and no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
ErnieA said:
I have a simple plastic box to keep it in and it velcros to the mount. I also carry a small plastic baggy and a rubber band for a quick cover in a shower.
Why would you take your radar dector in the shower? :histerica

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just finished mounting my V1 and Nuvi 660 to the same mount on my bar. I am currently traveling to race in Canada but if you contact me in two weeks, I will send pics. I used a 2" velcro strap system I designed and a ram mount that I modified (similar to what we use to mount chase cams in cars). Maybe $37 in all and I can remove it simply with and holes to drill.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
pauleknight said:
Why would you take your radar dector in the shower? :histerica
The fastest I've taken mine in the shower is 110.5 mph as shown on my GPS screen. But mine is waterproof and doesn't need the shower cap. :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
ErnieA said:
I like mine real well. They might be expensive, but they are clean and easy to install. Click here for more details. They have both right and left hand mounts.
I have the same Saeng/TA mount for my V1 that Ernie shows in his pix.
Mine is also mounted in the right mirror hole on my K1200LT.
Garmin 276C GPS is mounted on a Ram mount in the left mirror hole.
It's worked just fine for almost 110,000 miles.
Hasn't interfered with lock-to-lock turns on the LT or the GSA.
Tankbag, yes. V1 and Garmin, no.
Created the same setup for my R1200GS Adventure,
except they are now on Ram mounts on the handlebar.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I like the droid mount, can you give info about that?

·
Registered
607 Posts
ErnieA said:
The FRS/GMRS is mounted on the plastic wind wing with a velcro strip and the belt clip. Simple, and a little red-neck, if you ask me, but functional. It has been on this wing for over a year and 20k (plus) miles and no problems.

Which model ICOM is that?

Is it integrated into the intercom system?

How do you listen/talk on your FRS?
I have a 2005 with the factory BC 3 intercom system.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
myk_edwards said:
Hells teeth - are you a bloody octopus, more buttons and screens that you can wave a big shitty shick at. when do you find time to ride the bike?
I'm on call 24/7, but phone is not tied into the J&M CB.
If work, I'll pull off to call them back, otherwise I'll call at the next stop.
GPS and Valentine 1 are easy.
McCruise electronic cruise control (just below CB) works just like one in the car.
Put 8000 miles in six months on the GSA; 3000 miles on my LT during the same period.
Same set up on the LT.

Haven't figured out where to mount my Apple iPad.......

·
Registered
418 Posts
pieceofficer said:

Previous postings, plus my pics show a Ram mount with the Ram Power Plate III.
It's compatible with the Legal Speeding Radar Detector Cover (below),
though I only use that when I'm concerned with rain.
UNPKD RAM POWER PLATE III (RADAR DETECT) Product Number: RAP-300-1U
http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065080045051048048045049085/Default.aspx

On my LT, I've used the Saeng/TA Cockpit Mount™| Boss-Pro ever since I bought the bike in August 2000.
http://www.saeng.com/dproduct.php?id=670&category=59

Legal Speeding Radar Detector Cover
http://www.cyclenutz.com/products/radar_detector_access.html

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
myk_edwards said:
Hells teeth - are you a bloody octopus, more buttons and screens that you can wave a big shitty shick at. when do you find time to ride the bike?
Funny, I was thinking along the same lines! I'm curious as to where the 55" big screen, stabilized digital sat antenna and BluRay player are mounted.

Loren

1 - 20 of 22 Posts