·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Looks just like mine... only cleaner... :D

Great addition... I'm 6'2" and love the shield. But I do hope we don't turn this into a VStream vs. Cee Bailey "beat your brethren over the head" thread...

So... what oil do you use??? And how about them Avon's... :corn:

later...

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have one and like mine very much. Got mine mostly to make the ride a little better for my wife and she noticed a fairly significant improvement over the stock screen. The VStream is also polycarbonate, which is a good thing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does the VStream have the same problem as the stock shield, fogging up? That's my biggest issue with the stock windshield that I have!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Nope! The screen is very clear. I'm now on my second one! The first one got scuffed when the bike fell and I couldn't buff out the damage. I went with a Cee Bailey's for a while but didn't like the slight distortion when you look through it.

Got the new V at the MOA Rally last month for $200. The good folks from National Cycle and Countrywide BMW even shipped my old one home for me at no charge. NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought the lower -2" version last fall and like it a lot. Raised a bit, I see over it and wife gets less buffeting. Good shield and easy to clean.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I put a V-stream windshield on my K1200LT last year. The lines of the windscreen look great on my bike and the wind protection is very good too.

The main thing I noticed with the polycarbonate material is it doesn't get the "spider web" scratches you can easily get with the acrylic windscreens. My windshield is as perfectly clear as the day I took it out of the box new, over 10K miles ago. One Youtube video shows a guy rubbing steel wool on the V-stream with no effect. I haven't tried the steel wool test myself.

Watch the Youtube tests on the polycarbonate vs acrylic windscreens. (link below) The acrylic shatters with a high impact hit and leaves sharp jagged edges. The polycarbonate is hardly affected. Most things bounce off of it. A gun shot goes through the V-stream but does not shatter the windscreen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDXwcgSYjws

I am very happy with the V-stream windshield. The price point is reasonable too.

Hope these comments and research helps.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Tipped my bike over a few months back (hard), the right upper edge of the Vstream dug into the dirt track... not a scratch on the Vstream, but the windscreen adjuster mount snapped at the base.... its one tough screen!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts