BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking or tying into the existing fuse box ('06) to power my Sirius radio. There is an unused fuse in the current fuse block. Does anyone know where I can get the llittle connectors that plug into the back of the fuse block (i.e. the little fittings you would attach to the end of the wire to plug them into the back of the fuse block).

·
Registered
712 Posts
Good luck with this one. I tried very hard to do the same with the RT fuse block. I even bought another fuse assembly so I could pull the fuse block in it and add it to mine, but the wires were too small to use. The fuse clips could not be easily removed. And I could not buy any anywhere. Not even the dealer knew of a way to get some. Although one member of the BMWST forum was able to determine they were a Bosch product, jut not user purchasable or available. I doubt if the LT is any different. I bought a Blue Sea fuse box and wired it to provide power only when the motor was running and that worked well enough for me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was afraid of breaking one of them trying to pull it out so I think I will give up on that. Where can I get the Blue Sea fuse box you referred to?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I bought mine at here ...

http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=blue_sea

Some people prefer the Centech units. You can find them at EasternBeaver.Com and custom wiring harnesses to make it easy to install. I'm a do it yourself kind of guy and preferred the Blue Sea unit so I could wire it up with 6 seperate fuse banks instead of the Centech's shared system.

Keep in mind oyu will need to find a place to put it so you might want to ask where the best place on a LT is located. I installed mine on a RT. My LT has not needed any farkles yet, but I do expect to put in some lights somewhere along the way and will probably put in an accessory fuse box then.

·
Registered
The Villages, FL
2,592 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts