BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, ladies,

If I want to use the power centerstand of my '09 LT, it has to be done without you touching ANYTHING except the little button for the centerstand. What if I am slightly uphill... I want to prevent the bike from rolling backwards by keeping the brakes applied, but then the centerstand will retract.

Is there any hack I can apply to get this to work? Or is this just factory default stupidity?

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Although I don't have the powered cc I can hold the bike on a hill without the brakes by standing fully up and jamming my shins against the plastic in frount of the legs. Helps if you have tall boots like Sidi.
hth

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
c00k1e said:
Although I don't have the powered cc I can hold the bike on a hill without the brakes by standing fully up and jamming my shins against the plastic in frount of the legs. Helps if you have tall boots like Sidi.
hth
I do exactly that at the mo... But keeping the 390 kg (sorry, metric) bike against my boots isn't really my first choice...

Then again, a bit more uphill, and there's no way you can get her OFF the centerstand, because she is leaning too much backwards :)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Its designed to allow the bike to roll back slightly as the stand lifts the bike, hence you can't have the brakes on.
Not a big deal, I have to hold the weight of the bike every time I park at work, and again at home, both are on slight ramps. Just stand up with the brakes on and brace the weight of the bike with your legs/crutch (my kids are grown up, so no plans to have any more... :rolleyes: ), let go of the hand brake and press the button. It only takes a few seconds, as soon as you feel the 2 sides of the stand level the bike and the the stand starts to grab, you can release the weight of the bike and let it roll back & up....

·
Registered
222 Posts
As I am still learning, be careful putting the bike on the center stand on an uphill grade. Make sure you have good footing and enough "umph" to get it back off the center stand. She might be nimble while rolling, but she's dead weight at a stop!
Ken

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
If the hill is too steep to hold the bike you might not get it off the stand once you get it up.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ditto above comments. Wedge yourself and hold the bike firm until the centerstand touches down. If the incline is too great, good indication you may have difficulties getting it off.

Cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts