BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Gents,
I'm a new member, living and working in Germany, own 2 old airheads, was going to buy a new GS Adventure, but compromised with wife and bought used travel trailer for family and will buy used bike. Now decided after putting wife on back of bikes at local BMW dealership(Amberg) that now that we are over 40, a used LT(1999, all papers, records, [email protected] $10,000USD) might be the ticket for nice comfy riding in Europe(important to keeping wife supporting the motorcycle hobby). How is this price vs. miles(KM), used bikes come with 1 year drivetrain warranty. What do I focus on, what breaks, whats good etc. I am sure you get this request alot....
Thanks,
Jack Salyer
US Army ret.

"Living life large in Bavaria"

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
You should post the question on the Europe Regional forum here to better reach Euro riders. The US price is pretty high if purchased here in the US, but it may be normal there. Hopefully some of our European riders will help you with the price comparisons for that region.
Do you plan to bring the bike back to the US with you, or re-sell it when you leave?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Maybe it will be streatching on your budget, but if you can, try to get at 2002 at least.

I own a 1999 and now a 2002 and the breaks made a big difference for me (they change to the linked ones in 2002).

For about U$11.000 you can buy a good one here. No idea how it will cost in Europe.

·
Registered
717 Posts
You can do better than that price. I recently paid 9,995 for a 2002 LTC in showroom new condition with 50K on it. I know that sounds like its impossible- 50K and like new, but it was/is. There seems to be a scarcity of LTs and mint Beemers in general available in my area- NJ. I had to travel 300 miles to get it, and the two BMWs I sold this summer to get this one were both sold to buyers from out of state. One buyer traveled 250+ miles and one 650 miles! I had first thought I overpaid, but considering I only heard of 1 other available LT all summer that was within 100 miles of me, I guess the price was OK. Anyway, I'm VERY happy with it.

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
Like David said, that's a bit high for a US bike, but may be perfectly reasonable in Europe. All you can do is look for similar bikes and see what they're asking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts