BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to upload photographs from Flickr into some of my previous posts. I copy the location of the picture and use the picture insert button, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or is this a flaw in the Flickr site? If it's Flickr, can someone recommend a site for storing pictures that comes with a reasonable price tag?

Thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,967 Posts
Tracus said:
I am attempting to upload photographs from Flickr into some of my previous posts. I copy the location of the picture and use the picture insert button, but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong or is this a flaw in the Flickr site? If it's Flickr, can someone recommend a site for storing pictures that comes with a reasonable price tag?

Thanks.
Not sure if it's Flickr, but this photo is from photo bucket (free)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot. That did the trick. Much appreciated. You can see the results on my latest post in Ride Tales.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,967 Posts
Tracus said:
Thanks a lot. That did the trick. Much appreciated. You can see the results on my latest post in Ride Tales.
Cool although I don't know why img is appearing above each shot except for the LEO, no matter, they posted.

Gotta get back to WV. It's just down the road a piece. Visited the Green Bank Radio Observatory years ago as part of a local rally. I was interested in the history of the science and saw the reproduction of the first antenna that was actually used to study the effect of thunderstorms on transoceanic radio-telephone communications. That simple antenna developed by the Bell Labs picked up a signals from the center of the galaxy. Ocean cables took care of that issue.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't solved the IMG issue. I thought I was using the wrong link on Photo Bucket. Check out the post "Sucker Holes" on the Ride Tales Forum. Anyway, at least I can post them. Again, thanks for the recommendation to Photo Bucket.
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,603 Posts
Tracus said:
I haven't solved the IMG issue. I thought I was using the wrong link on Photo Bucket. Check out the post "Sucker Holes" on the Ride Tales Forum. Anyway, at least I can post them. Again, thanks for the recommendation to Photo Bucket.
You DO NOT need to use the Image insert button above when using images from photo bucket. They ALREADY have the image tag attached. Just copy & paste the URL from photo bucket right into your post. Just below your picture on photo bucket you will see this

Share|Edit|Delete|Move
IMG code (img)XXXXXX

The part I have marked (img)XXXXX will be the URL you need to Copy & Paste
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
katnapinn said:
You DO NOT need to use the Image insert button above when using images from photo bucket. They ALREADY have the image tag attached. Just copy & paste the URL from photo bucket right into your post. Just below your picture on photo bucket you will see this

Share|Edit|Delete|Move
IMG code (img)XXXXXX

The part I have marked (img)XXXXX will be the URL you need to Copy & Paste
That did the trick. Worked quite well on my latest post. Thanks.

One more question, does the "Bucket Loader" work for uploading numerous pictures or is it best to select several and upload in the usual manner?
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,603 Posts
Tracus said:
That did the trick. Worked quite well on my latest post. Thanks.

One more question, does the "Bucket Loader" work for uploading numerous pictures or is it best to select several and upload in the usual manner?
I had trouble with the bucket loader But I also use a Mac & thinks work a little different compared to when I us my Net book. It also could be me as I am not that good with computers. :rolleyes:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top