BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2000 model LT and I want to upgrade the stereo to Bluetooth so I can play music from my phone, also want to get rid of the cd stacker. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Knowing the people on this list somebody will know a perfect fit but I'll pass this along just in case. The radio that came in my Road Glide was very poor, low output and unreliable. I replaced it with a part from the folks in the link below. This is intended to be a Harley aftermarket part so I'm sure it will not be plug and play but the radio is a quality part, water resistant and has bluetooth. A huge improvement over the Harman Kardon POS that Harley put in at the factory.

Aquatic AV

Good luck

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi I have a 2000 model LT and I want to upgrade the stereo to Bluetooth so I can play music from my phone, also want to get rid of the cd stacker. Any help would be great.
If you ride w/ a helmet how about a Sena Bluetooth Headset? I play music from my phone thru mine and the beauty is it works with any bike :wink:

Reactions: jkersh1

·
Registered
255 Posts
I may have some good news very soon. I have a prototype converter on my bench at the moment that allows all the standard controls to work with an aftermarket head unit. The only thing it can't do is to display on the panel. Apart from that all the functions on the replacement should work including Bluetooth.

I didn't get round to testing it this weekend but I hope to during the week. I will let you know the result.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looking good! The interface is partly working, I have Source, Volume up, Volume down, Mute, FF, FR, radio presets cycle and Radio band cycle working. Currently no operation on MEM, TONE or SC/RP and the AM and FM buttons are duplicate functions. Missing are the telephone controls and track + / track -.

It may be a while before my next report, but it is looking hopeful.

·
Registered
255 Posts
A little update...

The Track Up and Track Down is possibly not working due to the Alpine radio. For Alpine Track Up and Track Down codes are different to Seek Up and Seek Down codes when they are used in radio mode. For other aftermarket radios these are the Track and Seek buttons are the same, so if you were using a different model of aftermarket radio it is likely the Track buttons may work. The other buttons (SC/RP, MEM, Tone) you were referring to were unassigned, so they were not designed to work with our interface.

I suspect this means that there will be no more work done on it, so I am back to building my own again, but I will see what they say.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Some more progress to report...

The module is going to be a multi vehicle one that is currently on the market, but with the K1200LT added to the database. Telephone buttons have been added to the control panel and I am waiting on a test device to try out. It's looking good, but I am surprised that there have been no expressions of interest? Has the boat been missed with this now?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I being watching how you making out, kept up the good work. Being the bikes are getting old its really hard to say how much call they will be.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Andy, the interface is working on my new Alpine CDE-172BT.
Will need to fine tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Andy, the interface is working on my new Alpine CDE-172BT.
Will need to fine tune.
Good news. It makes all the difference being able to have a decent radio with modern functions. I held off changing my radio previously because of the control issue, but now everything works as it should. I am also glad to get rid of my add on buttons for the tranceiver control as PTT is now handled by the SC/RP button on the stingray.

I have received my order of 10 PCBs so I will have some more interfaces for sale in the next week or so. Just as well realy as there seems to be a lot of interest from the Facebook group. The PCB version also has the hardware to be compatible with resistive interfaces, but I have not yet got around to modifying the software to suit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts