BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been several folks wondering how BMWNA will know to contact you in the event of a recall. This is becoming acute since the letters on the fuel flange recall are supposed to be going out soon.

Not going to be an issue if you bought your bike new from a BMW dealer, they have your contact information in the system. If you are a second owner, or if you've moved, maybe not so straightforward.

Two of us (mltrevino and me) seem to have been successful. We located two email addresses that seem to go into BMW customer service. They are:

[email protected] and
[email protected]

Include your VIN and your new contact information.

I got back a reply from the [email protected] address within a couple of minutes of my email:

RE: Your Motorrad Correspondence [1-3430374596]

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting BMW Motorrad USA.

We have updated your address on file to the one provided. Please allow up to 48 hours for this update to take place in your local BMW Motorrad dealer's system.

The BMW Motorrad Customer Relations and Services Department is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., ET. You can reach us at 1-800-831-1117.

Regards,

Emily Lane
BMW Motorrad USA
Representative​

Mike got back a very similar email from a different representative at the CustomerRelations address.

This should help assure that they have a current address for you.

Thanks for your help, Mike.

JayJay

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thank you. Having purchased mine used, I made contact with this info.

Chris

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
There have been several folks wondering how BMWNA will know to contact you in the event of a recall. This is becoming acute since the letters on the fuel flange recall are supposed to be going out soon.

Not going to be an issue if you bought your bike new from a BMW dealer, they have your contact information in the system. If you are a second owner, or if you've moved, maybe not so straightforward.

Two of us (mltrevino and me) seem to have been successful. We located two email addresses that seem to go into BMW customer service. They are:

[email protected] and
[email protected]

Include your VIN and your new contact information.

I got back a reply from the [email protected] address within a couple of minutes of my email:

RE: Your Motorrad Correspondence [1-3430374596]

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting BMW Motorrad USA.

We have updated your address on file to the one provided. Please allow up to 48 hours for this update to take place in your local BMW Motorrad dealer's system.

The BMW Motorrad Customer Relations and Services Department is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., ET. You can reach us at 1-800-831-1117.

Regards,

Emily Lane
BMW Motorrad USA
Representative​

Mike got back a very similar email from a different representative at the CustomerRelations address.

This should help assure that they have a current address for you.

Thanks for your help, Mike.

JayJay
Thanks a lot for the info :yeah:

I will contact them for sure

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Shouldn't be an issue if you bought your bike used from a BMW dealer either.

·
Registered
747 Posts
It never hirts you pgrade your information.
I purchased mine new, but the dealer went out of business.

At least they will have my info.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I got the following answer From BMW Canada

Thank you again for contacting BMW Canada. All recalls are VIN specific, and there are no open recalls on your specific bike. There could be recalls on other similar year and model bikes, but that recall does not affect your VIN. If something changes and a new recall opens on your VIN, we will send you a letter.
I think that my fuel pump as already been changed by the previous owner a couple of years ago.

Maybe that's why my VIN is not on their list.
I will check when I get home

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
You can check your fuel pump plate yourself according to the pics and info in post #5 of this thread. If it's done, then no need to worry. If not, then take some pics and go talk to your dealer.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You can check your fuel pump plate yourself according to the pics and info in post #5 of this thread. If it's done, then no need to worry. If not, then take some pics and go talk to your dealer.
I checked my records and only the fuel pump controller was changed in 2010.

I'll remove the tupperware and check the plate and see for myself.

Another member onf the MOA forum got the same answer :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts