BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Just got information from Ironhorse:

Now have TWO private rooms and ONE semi private cabin available...

Be certain to tell them under the Don Norwood block of rooms.... I can hold these til Wednesday, then will have to let them go.....

Plenty of camping, several RV spots available.

I was up on the Cherohala Skyway Friday, we should be hitting the very PEAK of fall colors this weekend...

Hope to see you there!
:)

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Weather for the weekend,, while they are calling for chance of snow Monday/Tuesday the weekend is looking real nice... bring your fall riding gear for sure..

From NWS office... for Bryson City, NC...

Wednesday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Lows in the lower 30s. :)
Thursday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Lows in the lower 30s. :)

Friday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Lows in the lower 30s. :)

Friday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows around 40. Highs in the upper 50s. :)

Saturday...Partly cloudy. Lows around 40. Highs in the upper 50s. :)

Campfire will feel good..

·
Registered
740 Posts
Fortunately, or unfortunately, I'll be down at Hurlburt Field, FL (Ft Walton Beach) for an Army Ranger reunion...no fall/winter weather gear for me! :) Well, maybe a little 'til I get down around Montgomery somewhere. :( Then I get to start peeling it off right about there...whoo-hoo!! Ya'll take care of Skippy at Ironhorse now, ya heah?...nah, nevermind...I forgot that he told me was going to the Ranger shindig instead...God help us! :D

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BamaLT said:
Just got information from Ironhorse:

Now have TWO private rooms and ONE semi private cabin available...

Be certain to tell them under the Don Norwood block of rooms.... I can hold these til Wednesday, then will have to let them go.....

Plenty of camping, several RV spots available.

I was up on the Cherohala Skyway Friday, we should be hitting the very PEAK of fall colors this weekend...

Hope to see you there!:)
This email from Ironhorse, private rooms are rented see message below,

The private rooms have been rented. I have:
> a private room for Fri night only
> 2 semi privates for Fri & Sat night (1 creek, 1 mtn)
> 1 semi private for Sat night only.
>
> Shaunna
>
> Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
> 1755 Lower Stecoah Rd.,
> Robbinsville, NC 28771
> [email protected]
> 828-479-3864
> 828-479-4589 Fax
>

End of message and update

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Darn near snow weather!, Don you like snow don;t ya <g>

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tmgs said:
Darn near snow weather!, Don you like snow don;t ya <g>
Glad we didn't plan for this past weekend....but this weekend 28/29/30 is looking much better...
http://knoxville.wate.com/wx_images/6DAY.jpg

With the cold snap, the peak on the colors will be just right...if the wind doesn't blow them off first ;)

Are you going to make an appearance?
Will Joe show? :yeah:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Man, you've had more than your share this season, haven't you? Enough is enough! :mad: I'll hand off the baton to you on the way down. Actually not so...I'm heading down through Alabama.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I've got to stop reading this thread. It makes me jealous. Instead of pack'n the bike for a trip to the mountains I'm gona pile in the cage in a few minutes and head down to Kissimmee to pick up the grandkids so their Momma can get to the hospital and deliver yet another little bundle of joy! Hey, wait a minute. Hav'n another grandkid to spoil might even be better than a trip to the mountains. Just kidding of course. We're pretty excited about this new one joining the family. Just wish the kids would plan a little better so we could do both! :~)

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lynn_Keen said:
I've got to stop reading this thread. It makes me jealous. Instead of pack'n the bike for a trip to the mountains I'm gona pile in the cage in a few minutes and head down to Kissimmee to pick up the grandkids so their Momma can get to the hospital and deliver yet another little bundle of joy! Hey, wait a minute. Hav'n another grandkid to spoil might even be better than a trip to the mountains. Just kidding of course. We're pretty excited about this new one joining the family. Just wish the kids would plan a little better so we could do both! :~)
Lynn, going to miss you guys, I am headed over today setup the toy hauler spend the night, ride back to Chattanooga Thursday for an appointment and then back on Friday with a friend from Alabama coming over to join us. That will be fun, over the Skyway two times...

Take care and keep us posted on the new "bundle of joy", the baby.....and your new 05....

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BamaLT said:
Weather for the weekend,, while they are calling for chance of snow Monday/Tuesday the weekend is looking real nice... bring your fall riding gear for sure..

From NWS office... for Bryson City, NC...

Wednesday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Lows in the lower 30s. :)
Thursday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Lows in the lower 30s. :)

Friday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 50s. Lows in the lower 30s. :)

Friday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows around 40. Highs in the upper 50s. :)

Saturday...Partly cloudy. Lows around 40. Highs in the upper 50s. :)

Campfire will feel good..
new weather update...

Warning, Warning, check out Saturday (watch for Tennessee football helmets laying the road):) the TIDE must have washed them up from last weekend... ;)

http://knoxville.wate.com/wx_images/6DAY.jpg

Ride Safe, my friends....

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Prepare for cold wx

Be prepared to dress warm! Snow and ice has already (temporarily) closed sections of the Blue Ridge Pkwy. My guess is that around 10 am, you could see temps in the high 30s F at the higher altitudes on the Cherohala. Think Gerbings!

- Bob

·
Registered
740 Posts
Watch out on the Skyway on some of them turns with the ice and snow...there's at least one I know of that stays in the shade most of the day and the ice just won't go away. And no, I'm not telling how I know. :(

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
have fun!

DAve, Don and all, hope you all have a bunch of fun this weekend. Dave, I'm in Leesburg FL for our companies inventory now. Get to come home Saturday afternoon and spend sunday riding in the mountains hopefully. Ride Safe!

·
Registered
740 Posts
What NOT to do at Deals gap

If you haven't seen the post about this on the main forum, go to www.killboy.com and check out the poor cornering technique by the LT. This guy is cruising for a bruising.:eek: Holy cow...talk about not staying in your lane!!

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Hey Al, are we going to stand for the comments from Don? I may have to slip him a "mickey" or something in his iced tea this weekend! LOL

Don, that's right, kick us when were down!

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pkpr1998 said:
Hey Al, are we going to stand for the comments from Don? I may have to slip him a "mickey" or something in his iced tea this weekend! LOL

Don, that's right, kick us when were down!
Hey Britt and Al and group, well up at Ironhorse tonight, you know got to make sure everything safe and stuff... going to be good weekend, about 10 folks here tonight, but they are ready for us this weekend..

Hey Britt, I couldn't figure out if that was a warning of falling helmets or what, being on a weather outlook for six days.... anyway folks do be careful...

BTW, I logged on here at Ironhorse, why is my name so large...not that way on my computer, supposed to be script and lot smaller... oh well, getting used to this New and Improved site...

See you this weekend...

Don (smaller print)

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Be carefull going back and forth. See y'all tomorrow night early.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,185 Posts
tmgs said:
it's cold up here folks, and I'm further south than Ironhorse by about 90- miles

http://www.bikershut.net/l/mydaughter.htm
I was freezing up until about Watts Bar Dam then it warmed up. Dragon is fine, leaves are showing but not peak yet. It's nice at the lodge. You all are missing beef stew tonite Yum!! Have a safe drive up - saw quite a few horned rats.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
jzeiler said:
I was freezing up until about Watts Bar Dam then it warmed up. Dragon is fine,
Glad Dave is fine, bet he is loving this sooler weather up here <grin>

Wish I could make it

Tom

1 - 20 of 43 Posts