BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, got the new harness in and the bike put back together, hit starter and started right up (YEAH)!!! Immediately noticed the digital gear indicator is not correct. When in neutral it says 2 when in 1st it says 3 when in 4th it says 5th and when in 5th it says 6 and when in 6th it is blank.
What causes this? How do I correct it???

So went for a ride and tried my cruise and it does not work. Any ideas why this would not be working? What can I look for or try???

The alarm bypass worked great!!! Seems like everything else is working, WOW what a job to replace the harness, never want to do it again....

Thanks in advance for any help with these issues & and big thanks again to John for his help...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,358 Posts
Glad you got it working Todd,

The gear indicator is a coded binary device. The switch has three outputs and a ground in.

The Green/Blue wire should read to ground on 1st, Neutral, 2nd and 3rd.

The Green/Black wire should read to ground in 1st, Neutral, 4th and 5th.

The Green/White wire should read to ground in Neutral, 2nd, and 4th.

Other wise they should read open.

Most likely cause is one of the three wires is open. I could have decoded it but you had me confused when you said 6th gear was blank since there is only 5.

There are a number of things that could cause the cruise not to work - check to make sure that the bake lights are not on all the time. Search the site for the guide to trouble shooting the cruise. It is a step by step check to find a fault.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts