BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put out a feeler a cuople weeks ago, asking if any one could look at a few bikes for me down south. some folks were amazingly helpful and offered to look..... I have been rehabbing a broken vertebrea for 2 1/2 months and was expecting to get the ok to ride a few weeks back. alas, it was not to be, i've got at least three more weeks to mend and havent been able to test ride an LT just to make sure its the right bike for me. I also cant ride one home from wherever I end up buying it so I'm on hold a few more weeks. I'll prolly ask again if anyone is still in the mood to check things out for me. everyone is starting to ride and being sidelined is killing me. Thanks for listening. Al

·
Registered
656 Posts
Damn man take your time they can't replace your back you screw it up bad enough and all you'll be riding is a chair. The bikes will still be there likely a bit cheaper get healed first.

Best wishes and a speedy full recovery.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hope you heal soon.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Al,

If you need any help locally don't hesitate to call on me. My bike is on the lift getting maintenance and upgraded brake lines replaced.

·
Registered
577 Posts
As someone who worked in X-ray and CT for almost 40 years, the advice to not rush it is right. Give your body time to heal and it should be good for a lot more years. With all the early adopters for the 1600's there will be a lot of just broken in bikes for you to choose from.

The smoooooooooth ride will be very much to your liking I am sure

·
Registered
220 Posts
I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

Deffo get better soon, these are not the lightest bikes and we have only one body!

I sometimes struggle with my "works bike" which is alot lighter but if I can get on mine I am OK........

Take care

"Rossy"

Attachments

·
Registered
910 Posts
Al, yes sir, please take it easy.. Like ya hear I feel like a lot of great low molested ( damn iPad correction , but it's so cute I left it!) , er I mean low mileage ( yeh right as well,, but they are out there )...will be available in the spring.. Just get strong enough to take care of yourself and build up for the spring.

On

Quite an assortment of aircraft quality hardware ya got there sir Rossi.

I'm still mending the tibia with only 7 screws and a plate.. :D

Signed,

Crutched

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Not that I'll be geographically located where it will help, but if you need a set of eyes in NW NC, let me know. Be glad to help if possible. Not a lot of BMWs in our area. But there are some really nice guys here. A fellow member helped me find my LT when I was injured and shopping.

Keep on mending. PM me if you need my assistance. I only check thru here once or twice a week right now.

Randy

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quite an assortment of aircraft quality hardware ya got there sir Rossi.

I'm still mending the tibia with only 7 screws and a plate.. :D

Signed,

Crutched[/QUOTE]

LOL :D

Suffer a little in the cold and wet, damp conditions over here!

I think I need to relocate to a much warmer climate and be a "Motor Officer" there !!! :D

Rossy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Al,

I wish you fast recovery. I know what you're going through since I used to design those titanium screws, plates and rods for people with spine problems.
Anyway, my offer is still good for that bike in Palm Coast. I live in Daytona which is just 20 min way and I wouldn't mind test riding it for you. As a matter of fact, if you decide to come in person to see it, feel free to stay over. We got 2 spare rooms in our house.

Good luck,

Eno

1 - 11 of 11 Posts