BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the DDM low beam HID modification this afternoon and the light is inoperative. No light...nothing. I unplugged the connections and reconnected, still nothing. I switched the polarity, nothing. The high beam is also inoperative. What did I miss?

Thank for the help,

Rob
Navarre, FL

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
If you didn't disconnect the battery you might have blown a fuse.
If you used relays, since neither work also look at how they are grounded.

If you reassembled everything its a real PITA but you should be able to lay on the ground, look up and unplug connects so that you can check for voltage going into the head light assembly, into the jacks that the bulbs are plugged into.

Having a poor ground is the first place to check.

If worse comes to worse, remove the HID system and connect it to a 12V dc power supply.
Bob

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
fuse or ground would be my guess. If not bench test the HID, or put the old bulb back in to see if it works.

Chris Ogle

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
Check the small square connector the separates the light assy from the bike. May have come loose.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John,

This is the second time you have helped me with an issue. The connector was not loose, it was never reattached by the dim witted owner! You saved me hours of frustration with your spot on suggestion. Multiple beverages of your choice are on me if we get the opportunity to meet in the future.

Best,

Rob
Navarre, FL

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
No problem Bob, but my liver cannot handle the beverages I have been promised to date so I have to be selective in collecting!! Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts