BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in Germany in September so I thought I would send an e-mail to BMW factory in Berlin asking if it would be possible to see the new K1600GT/L or talk with a factory Rep while I was there. I never thought it was likely but it never hurts to ask. I even embellished my association with largest most devout group of LT & GT riders in the USA Here is their reply with no new information:

Thank you for your e-mail and the interest you express in the BMW range of motorcycle.

Unfortunately we have to disappoint you. On fundamental reasons it is not possible to see the new K 1600 GT/K 1600 GTL before the official world presentation (probably on Intermot/Cologne in October or on EICMA/Milano in November) takes place. For this we can only ask for understanding.

Kind Regards,
BMW Motorrad Direct

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Well, it didn't hurt to ask. If you hadn't asked, the answer was guaranteed to be no... If you DO ask, it just might be yes.

It did come back as a no, but that's understandable. Take the tour, and grease a few palms if you have too. :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
I hope this means that there will be pictures and interaction at both, and not that we may have to wait till November to see the new girls on the block

·
Registered
807 Posts
simoncharles said:
Probably ?
Doug,

Good show contacting them. I am planning to buy the first one available from my dealership here in OH.

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
fas said:
Doug,

Good show contacting them. I am planning to buy the first one available from my dealership here in OH.
Interesting. I may have to find a reason to ride up to northern Ohio sometime in the next few months. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts