BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding to work yesterday on my '05 K1200LT listening to the CD player and FM radio. I have the mounted 6 CD changer and went to switch over to it. When I pushed the */CD button on the controls, I hit a bump causing me to push it 2 times. The radio switched to AUX on the display. That wasn't what I intended to do so I pushed it again. This time it went to INTERCOM mode. Hmm, interesting.
So, later on that afternoon I was reading the Audio manual and it said that these modes are only available if the optional equipment is installed. Does this sound accurate? I wasn't told nor charged for this equipment when I purchased the bike. Is there somewhere to look on the bike to verify the equipment? Or is this just a generic display on the radio?
If the intercom is there, can I just hook the helmets to the outputs or is more needed?
THanks for any help.
Ed

·
Registered
350 Posts
AUX & INTERCOM

To activate these you need the BMW VOICE II intercom. The AUX position on the radio is used to play an mp3, Ipod, satellite radio, etc. through the VOICE II. The INTERCOM position is for using the intercom by itself, i.e., no music.

Brice Hodges
Kansas City

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sorry, no free equipment

edonthenet said:
Does this sound accurate? I wasn't told nor charged for this equipment when I purchased the bike. Is there somewhere to look on the bike to verify the equipment? Or is this just a generic display on the radio?
If the intercom is there, can I just hook the helmets to the outputs or is more needed?
THanks for any help.
Ed
Sorry, no free equipment. The AUX and Intercom readings are built into the system *in case* you install those options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts