BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find it in a search. Has anyone tried spraying undercoating material on the insides of the tupperware? Any pros or cons? Just wondering if it'd make a difference in the sound. I'm painting my lowers now, and think I might try it, only because I have a can of it with no other uses.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Never tried it, so go ahead.. i was just thinking, sitting outside in the elements, helmet on earplugs in and radio blaring. wife on the back nagging.. nah it wouldnt make any difference to the sound :D she would still be nagging

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Tupperware.......!!!!!!!!! It Is Plastic...won't Rust....

Let Us Know If It Works...i Wanted To Do It At One Time...toooo Much Troble..

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
I don't think I would add any extra weight to the panels. Most of the bikes I have worked on with higher milage ( 80,000 miles & up ) have some cracked or broken tabs. These panels do flex while riding & the more weight you add to them the more they can possibly flex & damage the mounting tabs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What kind of undercoat are you talking about? What I know as undercoat may become very soft and run onto and into parts you don't want undercoated with heat. I think I would just leave it alone. That stuff can be a mess to clean up.
Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And darned fine thoughts these are. I think I'll just leave well enough alone.
thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Axle said:
Never tried it, so go ahead.. i was just thinking, sitting outside in the elements, helmet on earplugs in and radio blaring. wife on the back nagging.. nah it wouldnt make any difference to the sound :D she would still be nagging
Ooooh, I sure hope your missus doesn't read your posts! :histerica

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Frank, someone on here a few months ago sprayed bed liner material on the section of the lower cowling where the front tire kicks up the filth from the road. (How's that for a run on sentence?) Not sure if the undercoating would work as well but it might.

Loren

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Loren, I'm in the process of painting the outside of the three lower fairings, but had given some thought to spraying the insides of those with an undercoating material. Thought it might muffle some of the rattles 'n such.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts