BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning folks,

Another newbie here, I picked up my LT back in August '10 having spotted her on Eggbay. A 1999 plate with 11,500 miles on the clock....and a very good price indeed. No test ride, just hopped on and rode home. :bmw:

Having ridden a Pan for a few years before I wanted something a little bit different and despite all my friends offering advice(some are now EX mate's) I took the plunge and made my choice. I trusted my gut instinct and so far it's proved to be the right choice.

What a fantastic ride she is, I've clocked over 7k since august with 49.8mpg and loving every minute of it. Looking forward to my little jaunt around Normandy at the end of May on her.. !! :D :D

Catch you all soon

Chris

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome aboard Chris!

I'm sure you'll have plenty more enjoyable rides on the new(ish) scoot. Not sure what a PAN is but I'm sure you will find the LT more to your liking. Do you do your own maintenance? If so, you will find all the help and advice you need here.

Enjoy Mate!!

Mugz

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
Watcha
Another UK K12 and Pan guy here
Are you working on the bike yourself? If you are thinking of it, pop over and I will take you through the service step by step
Going to Europe with another K12 friend from here at the end of May as well.
Search the forum, there are years of expieiance here (don't get put off, people usually tend to write when things go wrong than when things are fine with the bike)
Reccomended reading - Start your searches with
  • tire pressure
  • final drive check (remember - don't panic!)
  • smoking from side stand
  • slow riding
  • dropping
  • and then reward yourself with "farkles"
Enjoy the BeaST

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Chris, Welcome - from the Northern Wastes....... :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome and advice guys...

The Pan is a Honda St1100 abs/tcs with 70k on it, 40k being mine :)

Cookie, many thanks for your offer and if you could keep that an open one I might just take you up on it, at the moment I dont have the time to service myself as I work away all week so I scared the pants off my mechanic when I rolled up on her and said... Service Please... He nearly died of fright but, respect to the man he took it onboard on did a very thorough service without charging the earth just to gain the knowledge himself !!

There's a group of us leaving Manchester on May 26th for the 20.15 Portsmouth to St Malo ferry staying at Saint Hilaire for 3 nights and returning on the Monday, so if your in the area buddy your more than welcome !! Here is a link to our forum on the journey we have planned..

http://www.mancriders.co.uk/index.php?/topic/286-normandy-ride/

Many thanks again

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts