BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see in the Sept issue of the BMW MOA rag, ON, that you got published with a pic of your final drive throwing up all over the wheel rim - looks real nasty, Howard!

Of course, you know this is in response to a suggestion from the editors to submit a photo showing an UH OH moment. You had a true UH OH situation, Howard. Glad all is well now.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Hi Dick,

I'm happy to say that was a long time ago, it wasn't the "typical" FD problem, and it was under warranty. :)

In that situation the dealer had just completed the LT's first 12k service. I picked up the bike and rode 3 hours to Pittsburgh. The next morning we noticed the problem... and noticed the missing fill plug. Just a little oversight on their part! The drive was replaced by them - no questions asked - and they apologized for the mistake.

I'll get my copy of the MOA magazine sometime soon. Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
hschisler said:
Just a little oversight on their part! The drive was replaced by them - no questions asked - and they apologized for the mistake.
Yeah ... just a little one. :eek:

But I do applaud you :clapping: , Howard, for your forgiving attitude and understanding. You're a much better man than I, Charlie Brown. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts