BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched on the subject but wanted to get your response please.

My LT needs a new front tyre, it currently has a Metzeler Marathon ME880 120/70 B17 M/C 58V and there are none to be found available in the UK. Estimated due date is 'sometime' in June !

I've spoken to my dealer who has suggested that I fit a BT020 (Bias) to the front and use that in conjunction with the Metzeler that was recently fitted to the rear, I've expressed some concern about mixing tyres but he seems quite happy although it's not recommended.

What do you think to the idea ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Metz Me 880 Marathons have been on back order for a while now in the UK, especially the Reinforced Rear. Having said that I only waited a couple of weeks and had mine fitted last week. Try an independant Bike Shop who "does" a lot of Tyres like I did. £154 the pair, fitted to loose wheels.
Regards
Mike Tee, North Yorks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ran a radial rear (Avon) and a bias front (bstone) for a while on a road star until my front wore down...handling was a little different in the trail but tolerable...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I made bunches of calls to different tyre dealers etc and blanked, have now ordered one online from Germany. :eek:

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
IMHO, a bias ply tyre is a bias ply tyre. I would not work about mixing a Bridgestone bias front with a Metzeler rear. And with my opinion you get what you paid for it, absolutely nothing. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts