BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done two things to my bike that I think have made night and day difference in how much I like it. I changed the radio to the Jensen and put new throttle cables on it. The throttle cables have made the thing seem like a completly different bike. I wish I had done it sooner. Easy as pie to do and such a smoother and easier turn! Well worth the money and time. Now if it will just warm up a bit so I can get to the Winter Ralley?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It works. Has not missed a beat yet. Cost about $140. My Ipod works with it. My XM radio hooks to it. So far I like it.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
ronnieds said:
I do not use the remote. I just press the buttons on the panel. No worries.
do you have any pics of the install?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am starting to have some minor "issues" with my stock radio from time to time so the Jensen replacement is starting to look like an option. How difficult was the install? I have heard that you have to basically butcher the stock wiring harness to connect the Jensen radio. Are there any BMW automobile DIN radio install kits with a wiring harness that fits the factory BMW LT plugs. How much cutting of the Tupperware did you need to do? Can we get a picture of your finished product?
Steve

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did u just replace the cable with the OEM cable?

D

ronnieds said:
I've done two things to my bike that I think have made night and day difference in how much I like it. I changed the radio to the Jensen and put new throttle cables on it. The throttle cables have made the thing seem like a completly different bike. I wish I had done it sooner. Easy as pie to do and such a smoother and easier turn! Well worth the money and time. Now if it will just warm up a bit so I can get to the Winter Ralley?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Could you post the model of Jensen radio and where you got it. Thanks.

And yes, installation pictures/instructions would be great.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I installed the Jensen I was pretty fed up with the crap that came on the bike. I removed most all of my wiring. I do not use the intercom anyway. The Jensen panel is mounted right where the old radio was so I just use the bottons on it. I have less wiring to fool with. I used the speakers and wiring for them that was already in place. No problems to install or operate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts