BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my '03 today and was wondering what kind of jacks anyone uses to get the girl up? I have a Craftsman motorcycle jack that I use on my VTX however it appears it just won't work on the LT.
Also, I noticed the rear brake rotor is a little "loose".....rattles a bit when I wiggle it. The bike just turned 30,000 miles. Is this common on this bike?
Thanks.
Ride Safe.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Morley...is the loose rotor anyhting to be worried about?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hi bandit
plenty of threads on rotors just use the search feature, I would never say it is nothing to worry about, but it will get worse until the rattle drives you nuts like it did to me at 30.000km and I replaced it. very easy to change you might want to consider a non bmw replacement though. Merry Xmas to you all from OZ :bmw:

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Howdy, Bandit.

The LT can be safely lifted by the center stand, or by the tires... do NOT use the "sears" lift. I guarantee it will damage important parts under the "ol girl"... I have lifted LT's by other parts using an "engine lift" as well, and that requires careful "harnessing" to perform.

A couple of folks on the site really like the "Harbor Freight" lifts. I chose something that appears more substantial... a "Viking Lift"... much like the lifts you see in dealer service areas... only "negative" is it's "orange/black"...

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
MikeERideWNC said:
How embarrassing..
You should spray it Blue and white.
or get it painted to match the bike! :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info....Merry Christmas to all!
Ride Safe!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts