BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some Turtle Wax Ice and am wondering if it is OK to use it on the fins (side air deflectors). They feel rough and could use some protection. Anyone had experience with this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
steve,

I just used Turtle Ice on an airplane with some oxidation. I was not impressed but will continue to use it up(basically I'm cheap). Sounds like you need a plastic polish; one of the best that I've used is 3M Polish for acrylic, Cee Bailey's also works well. Either will get that clear surface so smooth that you should gain some top speed for sure. Good luck and keep the rubber side down.

Bruce ;)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I've used the Ice.

Never on clear plastic, but, everywhere else. Bought it for my shower stall and it works great there.

Easy to apply, looks great.

If you try it, let us know how it worked.

Joe

·
Registered
163 Posts
I used it this spring. I used it on everything including the faring. No problems. It is cheap, easy to apply, and I think it makes removing bugs a little easier.

Karl

·
Registered
225 Posts
I love the ICE!!!!
I use it on the whole bike except the windshield. Keep in mind turtle wax ice is not a buffing and removing scratches/imperfections product like a paste type polish. I consider Turtle Wax Ice a wonderful shinner and protector(for short time periods) for painted surfaces, plastic, aluminum, and chrome that is already in prefect condition. AGAIN let me repeat this......
This is a good protectant for areas that do not need reconditioning. If you have shiny paint, clean chrome and aluminum it is the best I've ever used! It puts a AWESOME shine on it and feels as slick as hammered whale snot too!
And the best part is you don't have the white dust all over and in the cracks!

I love it! I use it!
In my opinion it is not long lasting, but it is a snap to apply to the whole bike in 15-30min with ease!
I give it a 4.9 out of 5 for ease of application and shine factor!

·
Registered
225 Posts
beartooth said:
steve,

I just used Turtle Ice on an airplane with some oxidation. I was not impressed but will continue to use it up(basically I'm cheap). Sounds like you need a plastic polish; one of the best that I've used is 3M Polish for acrylic, Cee Bailey's also works well. Either will get that clear surface so smooth that you should gain some top speed for sure. Good luck and keep the rubber side down.

Bruce ;)
Bruce,
Ice Is mostly just a shiner and protector for shiny stuff. It you have oxidation you need a cleaner wax.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
I am familiar with whale snot (being a former sailor) but have never heard of the "hammered" variety.:p

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I use it on all my bike including the screen,and have had no problems.Easy removal of bugs on the screen is good.

Dean UK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts