BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of TurnSmart Turn Signal mirrors for my LT and installed them per the instructions (which were simple and clear) then went for a long ride. Big Deal you say?
They are wireless, have 4 bright LEDS on each one, and they are solar powered, with the added ability to charge the internal batteries with a cigarette lighter charger (included). The kit comes with everything needed, even a test light to find the turn signal wires on the LT. I did not use the Positaps because there isn't enough room between the rear taillight assembly and the housing, so I soldered the connections then wrapped them.
I got caught in 3 really heavy downpours on my test ride and the lights performed well. The traffic on I-80 could see my signals, and cages to my sides were noticing them as well.
The total price was $149.95 plus shipping.
Just go to Google and type in TurnSmart, there are different sites with various prices, so I went to the lowest one.
The mirrors are wideangle and stick to the stock mirrors and provide adequate rearview on the stock mirror as well as wideangle.

·
Registered
567 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Wireless? But you soldered the Wires?

Batteries that have to be kept charged?

I will suggest that the Muth sighal mirrors are better (although a little more expensive), and replace the stock glass, not stick on. Adding the weight of another mirror on top of the stock one will likely make it hard to keep adjusted. The ball socket is not always strong enough to keep much additional weight in place when you hit bumps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't clear enough about the connections.
the transmitter is wired into the rear turn signal wires, I didn't use the enclosed Posi-taps because there isn't enough room. As for the pictures, go to TurnSmart Turn Signal Mirrors on the Net, instructions, and info is there. The turn signals themselves are solar powered, so no wires, and you also have a wideangle mirror on the rearview.
No problems with removing the mirror or routing wires through the cowling to hook into the signals, and I mounted the transmitter where the cannister used to live.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts