BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last post was right after I crashed my 2000 LTC asking for advise on whether to sell or repair--I have decided to repair instead of buying a new bike as the one I have is paid for and only has 5100 miles. I have searched this site for info on how to repair tupperware cracks/tears and have come up empty handed. I ordered a plastic welder with recommended supplies from dealer and am going to under take the fix, may have to order new tupperware afterwards but what the heck, fixing is more fun and may even learn something. Need a new front fairing bracket plus both side tip over brackets and associated hardware/plastic if anyone has it available.
Handlebars came today from beemerboneyard ($100) and looks like I may have to go to BMW dealer to order rest of needed parts ie clutch & brake handles, right foot peg panel,etc. Anyone with parts please reply.
Thanks

Sonny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
parts

hi. sonny there are parts on e-bay right now. brake levers,foot pegs, tupperware,handel bar covers ect. good luck dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
danbrown said:
hi. sonny there are parts on e-bay right now. brake levers,foot pegs, tupperware,handel bar covers ect. good luck dan

Dan, lots of bmw parts there but none I need.
Sonny
2000 K 1200LTC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Sonny, more than just good luck to ya. Impressive undertaking and I hope the best for ya!

Do the rest of us a favor while you're doing this - document the be-jeebies out of what you do, how it goes, things you like, didn't like and my do different next time.

Pictures - lots o pictures!!

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Zotter said:
Sonny, more than just good luck to ya. Impressive undertaking and I hope the best for ya!

Do the rest of us a favor while you're doing this - document the be-jeebies out of what you do, how it goes, things you like, didn't like and my do different next time.

Pictures - lots o pictures!!

Thanks!

I'm doing a complete rebuild of a rollover.

What I like best so far:

Recovered the speaker covers. The new material and a french stitch give the pieces a much richer look than the old molded vinyl cover. They were heck getting on though. Really had to wrestle to get the holes relined up since the material took a bit more space.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zotter said:
Sonny, more than just good luck to ya. Impressive undertaking and I hope the best for ya!

Do the rest of us a favor while you're doing this - document the be-jeebies out of what you do, how it goes, things you like, didn't like and my do different next time.

Pictures - lots o pictures!!

Thanks!
Half the time I can't remember how to post a message here, so posting pics is going to be a stretch. I am taking digitals of process and will post them when complete. Today I took the front fairing bracket off, 'twas a major operation.
Sonny
2000 K 1200LTC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
Sonny, you need a hand with the 'geekly' things, just holler. Be more'n happy to give ya an email addy you can send 'em off too and post 'em up for ya.

Get the job done - us "bleacher dwellers" will be happy with whatever you can share - the more the better, but we're the one's beg'n!

enjoy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Zotter said:
Sonny, you need a hand with the 'geekly' things, just holler. Be more'n happy to give ya an email addy you can send 'em off too and post 'em up for ya.

Get the job done - us "bleacher dwellers" will be happy with whatever you can share - the more the better, but we're the one's beg'n!

enjoy

Will do, my desk pc with the camera downloader is in the shop, I already have pics of damaged areas on the bike and pics of damaged areas removed from bike for repair, work is going slow as my right wrist was also damaged in said crash, no pics of that tho.
Sonny
200 K 1200LTC
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top