BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out how to get a travel log signature working.

Larry

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My travel logs website says to simply insert the HTML but what I see is now what I get. Any help?

Larry

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Just mark your states, set the size to 25 percent and click update. Then highlite the map, copy, and paste it in your edit signature box back at bmwlt.com. Anyway that looks like it will work at least temporarily.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No matter how I try it only shows up as html. What am I not getting? I have tried copying the showm html. copying the image address and coppying and also copying and pasting the image itself. nothing works as you show???

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another try

here goes another try

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
lkniess said:
No matter how I try it only shows up as html. What am I not getting? I have tried copying the showm html. copying the image address and coppying and also copying and pasting the image itself. nothing works as you show???
Larry HERE IS A THREAD that will walk you threw it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
??????????????????

I must be brain dead!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When viewing source - how do you get the PHP ending?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I notice if I past the copied image in an email it works.

But here it doesnt?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one last try

this is my last try for a while

Thanks for you help!

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
You have to update the map and size it on triplogs.
Click on the states you have been to, choose the percentage you want the map displayed at (25 or 30 works good). Then use your left mouse button to highlite the map itself and copy it with the right mouse button.

Then come back to bmwlt.com and open your profile and click on the link to edit your signature. Then right click in the signature box and paste the map in. Then click the Save Changes button.

Stay completely away from cutting/copying and pasting anything in the box or from the box at triplogs.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Dean, I just added (finally) the map to our sig line thanks to your clear and easily understood directions. Tks for making it so easy!

John

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, This is another reply. I had everything working by following the instructions regarding "managing images". Just a few minutes ago I came back and the image was gone and when I went to my User CP tab the image was gone so I uploaded it again and redid my signature to get it back. Any clue on how the image got deleted?? How long will it remain there this time? Am I breaking a guideline somewhere here?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I didn't see where you could do it by Texas county. Is that map available?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Looks to me like Mr. Fisher has been to enough states that he could afford to loan a few out!!

katnapinn said:
Damn Jimbo You need to get out more :histerica

1 - 20 of 21 Posts