BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for quite some time today for the guy that made a few runs of a rack last year or the year before. Do any of you remember who it was ?.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Looks like knlkern did something for around $300

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Are you talking about one of those Ft. Worth racks?

If so, seems like someone in the classifieds was mentioning this past week they had one they'd sell. I can't remember if it was the guy parting out the 2005 LT or someone else.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm leaning towards making my own rack out of plastic. I'm putting my LT that I ride to work on a diet. $300 to $350 for a aluminum rack is more than I want to spend. So far I have no radio & no alarm system. The stock tool kit & rain gear is all I carry in the side cases.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
This just popped into my little mind. Wasn't it Spudrider, or something like that, that was making some?

·
Registered
847 Posts
fpmlt said:
This just popped into my little mind. Wasn't it Spudrider, or something like that, that was making some?

That was a rack ;fore after you removed your trunk to put that in its place

Gary
2003 K1200LT

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
I bought a goldwing rack that came with a luggage bag and water proof cover, $100.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking for a rack that goes on after you remove the top case not a rack that goes on top of the top case.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
saddleman said:
I searched for quite some time today for the guy that made a few runs of a rack last year or the year before. Do any of you remember who it was ?.

Thanks, Dave
Hey Dave,
If your interested in function over form how about one of these? Pretty cheap, light and if you get stuck somewhere you'll have a place to make a hot lunch!:stir:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
saddleman said:
I'm leaning towards making my own rack out of plastic. I'm putting my LT that I ride to work on a diet. $300 to $350 for a aluminum rack is more than I want to spend. So far I have no radio & no alarm system. The stock tool kit & rain gear is all I carry in the side cases.
Dave,

I saw one on Ebay last week for $75.00. It's still there, link

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
johnbaker15 said:
Dave,

I saw one on Ebay last week for $75.00. It's still there, link
I never found it when I was looking on ebay. I'll book mark it & see where it's at in 4 days.

Thanks John

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
waycoa said:
Bought this after got tired of a flapping trunk lid ...
I don't know the details of how it got it's name, but I'm pretty sure that's one of those Ft. Worth racks.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have purchased a rack through a PM & it is on it's way.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
438 Posts
waycoa said:
Bought this after got tired of a flapping trunk lid ...
At this point, this is for info only.
that's not the fabled Ft Worth Rack. It looks like maybe a "spudrider rack" or some other.
The Ft worth Rack is (or maybe was, by now) made by Perry's Motorcycles and Sidecars in Ft Worth Tx. That's where I got mine. It's a very nice looking unit, brushed aluminum, nice & thick (3/8 ?). Looks really nice with the grab rail attached.
A&S BMW Motorcycles sells the rack & rail separately. I believe that they're supplied by perry's, They look the same. Rack $352....Grab rail $92.89 ($444.89 SPENDY) + shipping.

At the top of our home page here, one of our supporting vendors is called "K1200LT Rack.com", (looks like the Ft Worth, but not quite) $300 to $325, no grab rail, no shipping ? Either way, they all look pretty good............or you could make something out of plastic.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And a big thanks to Ron K. Miller & John Baker. :thumb: I now have two racks. Ron found a black rack on craigslist for me & John found a silver rack on e-bay. I bought both racks & with shipping they were both less than one new rack. :D

Yesterday I bought longer bolts for the top case & I can now install the top case without removing the racks. :yeah:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
saddleman said:
And a big thanks to Ron K. Miller & John Baker. :thumb: I now have two racks. Ron found a black rack on craigslist for me & John found a silver rack on e-bay. I bought both racks & with shipping they were both less than one new rack. :D

Yesterday I bought longer bolts for the top case & I can now install the top case without removing the racks. :yeah:
Dave,
Glad to help, need any help finding an antenna for the maroon one? :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts