BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through my parts box for my LT (at the local Beemer Dealer for sale) was a NEW LT Trunk Latch Kit that I never got around to install!

This link laments the end of production from the gentleman who designed this great fix for the problem OEM Latch.

https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/167321-hey-guys-its-been-fun-lt-trunk-latch-winding-down.html

I don't have the original receipt but this were sold for $360 + shipping.

I will sell to the "quickest" response for $260 (shipping included) to any of the 50 states. No overseas inquiries due to customs & lots of paper issues.

Included will be the kit that I have determined to contain all of the original parts and fasteners as compared to the installation docs, a complete color copy of those documents as well as a usb jump drive with the pdf file for the instructions.

Please see the attachments as well . . .

PDF file labeled as photo #18 is from the installation manual and compares to my photo to insure all of the parts are included.

Personal check or PayPal (sent as a bmw friend) accepted.

PM me for any additional info.

Paul

Attachments

Reactions: Voyager

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Transaction pending . . .

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
Going through my parts box for my LT (at the local Beemer Dealer for sale) was a NEW LT Trunk Latch Kit that I never got around to install!

This link laments the end of production from the gentleman who designed this great fix for the problem OEM Latch.

https://www.bmwlt.com/forums/k1200lt/167321-hey-guys-its-been-fun-lt-trunk-latch-winding-down.html

I don't have the original receipt but this were sold for $360 + shipping.

I will sell to the "quickest" response for $260 (shipping included) to any of the 50 states. No overseas inquiries due to customs & lots of paper issues.

Included will be the kit that I have determined to contain all of the original parts and fasteners as compared to the installation docs, a complete color copy of those documents as well as a usb jump drive with the pdf file for the instructions.

Please see the attachments as well . . .

PDF file labeled as photo #18 is from the installation manual and compares to my photo to insure all of the parts are included.

Personal check or PayPal (sent as a bmw friend) accepted.

PM me for any additional info.

Paul
I got one from the last batch he made. This is a steal at twice the price for whoever gets it.

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got one from the last batch he made. This is a steal at twice the price for whoever gets it.
The "STEAL" has been completed. Thanks for everyone's interest.

My objective was to save someone a pile of grief and not make $$$ but to partially cover original costs.

This forum has been a tremendous resource as well as fostering new friendships over the last decade +. I expect that the posts in the RT Forum will be as valuable.

Thanks again and ride safe! :bike:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wished I had the drawings...
And try to build it myself.
Mine is working and (apparently ) going strong after 13 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
The post reminds me of when I installed mine, one side easy, the other was a pain in the ass.

Cheers,
Tross
I'm the guy who bought it. When I saw the directions I said "ugh!" Have to schedule a day to remove the trunk, take it into the kitchen table to work on, then re-install it.

And don't tell me to fix it in place. I'm 6 ft tall and half-blind. I need it to be on the kitchen table, me in a chair, strong flashlight handy for illumination, and directions printed out in oversized font right next to me.

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
I'm the guy who bought it. When I saw the directions I said "ugh!" Have to schedule a day to remove the trunk, take it into the kitchen table to work on, then re-install it.

And don't tell me to fix it in place. I'm 6 ft tall and half-blind. I need it to be on the kitchen table, me in a chair, strong flashlight handy for illumination, and directions printed out in oversized font right next to me.
I had a little bit of a time with mine and that was with it off the bike also. I can’t imagine doing the install with the case on the bike. It was a pain to install, but has worked great and it is nice to know that breakage is now very unlikely.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,257 Posts
I did it on the bike but I was much younger back then - it was a pain. But after the install the latch just feels more robust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts