BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make one?

Would like a chrome one to go across the back...wife gets her fingerprints all over my paint! :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
People have used chrome cabinet door handles purchased at ACE hardware.

If you decide to make one, post a pic. You could be onto something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
Bones1955 said:
Does anybody make one?

Would like a chrome one to go across the back...wife gets her fingerprints all over my paint! :mad:
Does your bike have the trunk rack? That makes a decent handle to lift from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kk610lt said:
Does your bike have the trunk rack? That makes a decent handle to lift from.
I don't have that though the wife wants one to strap stuff on..dang.
I been telling her the thing is top heavy enough!
For sure when she gets on it with her double d's! lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Not sure what is meant by double d's? How heavy are they and do you have pictures? Perhaps strapping them lower (hand holds on side cases) on the bike will reduce the center of gravity. I definitely would not suggest strapping them to a luggage rack as this will increase center of gravity. Let us know what you decide thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
Bones1955 said:
I don't have that though the wife wants one to strap stuff on..dang.
I been telling her the thing is top heavy enough!
For sure when she gets on it with her double d's! lol
I like the topcase rack. It has the extra brake light for more visibility. Makes for a good handle to open the lid. Also good for more luggage space when traveling two-up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
326 Posts
I found a nice one at a harware store and have used it fo 8 years and still looks good. Just look in some independent hardware stores you might find one. Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Bones1955 said:
Does anybody make one?

Would like a chrome one to go across the back...wife gets her fingerprints all over my paint! :mad:
I got the perfect solution for that.
Latex gloves or those soft cotton white things that the musical director wears. :histerica :histerica Absolutely no finger prints.
ride safe :bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WAL said:
Not sure what is meant by double d's? How heavy are they and do you have pictures? Perhaps strapping them lower (hand holds on side cases) on the bike will reduce the center of gravity. I definitely would not suggest strapping them to a luggage rack as this will increase center of gravity. Let us know what you decide thanks
Lets just say I have a nice headrest....cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RonKMiller said:
This worked well for me, and the curve of the handle matched the trunk's perfectly:

http://www.bmwlt.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=K1200LT&Number=263624&page=&view=&sb=&o=

...and something you may not be aware of: ALWAYS push down on the trunk firmly BEFORE latching it and be careful not to overstuff. Many here have broken the rather flimsy latch by not doing this and it is expensive and/or a pita to repair with aftermarket stuff.
Thanks..I like the look!
How cool would a lighted one be..prolly go with the Ace one though!

Yep i read about the latch on here..this place is invaluable!
I should pay up soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Bones1955 said:
Lets just say I have a nice headrest....cheers!
Good enough then. Maybe if we all had a set of double d's we could use for a head rest we might not worry about final drive failures as much. Cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,746 Posts
Better yet, go to ACE hardware buy a cabinet handle for $10 and sell it as an "custom" BMW add on for $350 .:stir: :histerica:histerica:histerica

Gotta run to ACE. See ya later!

Loren

RVB1019 said:
People have used chrome cabinet door handles purchased at ACE hardware.

If you decide to make one, post a pic. You could be onto something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Take it to a trophy shop and have it engraved with the BMW K1200 LT logo and you have a winner!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,886 Posts
Bones1955 said:
I don't have that though the wife wants one to strap stuff on..dang.
I been telling her the thing is top heavy enough!
For sure when she gets on it with her double d's! lol
You keep telling her she is top-heavy? :rolleyes:

Wind in your face and boobies in your back. Life is grand!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
For sure when she gets on it with her double d's! lol[/QUOTE said:
:worthless
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top