BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I found a used trunk for sale that has the chrome part that missed on mine (my LT is a 2001). Do you know if it is easy to take off ? Once done, do you think it will show on the trunk or will I be able to sell it (w/o the chrome thing).

Still about that part, I thought someone said that BMW was about to sell it as a detailled part. Was it just a hoax or was it true ?

Cheers,

PA

Attachments

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I'm of the understanding that there are two pins that go into two holes on the back of the '05 and newer trunk lids. So...yes, if you remove it from that trunk lid, it will be noticeable. Probably would still be able to sell it for a few bucks though.

I finally gave up trying to buy that part separately from BMW. Morons!

As for removal...'gentle heat' is probably you're best tactic. Use a hair dryer and pry gently.

Here's MY trunk trim:

Got it on eBay for just over $100 delivered. Very rare piece...

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
I still can't believe that you spent $100 for a chrome piece. Are you sure your other bike isn't an HD? Maybe it's a place to tie down that teddy bear. Wouldn't want him coming off at speed now. ;)

I went to the local hardware store and bought a chrome drawer pull for a couple of dollars. Still haven't installed it yet though.

·
Registered
607 Posts
meese said:
I still can't believe that you spent $100 for a chrome piece. Are you sure your other bike isn't an HD?
That would make sense. After all, HD stands for Hundred Dollars.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
meese said:
I still can't believe that you spent $100 for a chrome piece. Are you sure your other bike isn't an HD? Maybe it's a place to tie down that teddy bear. Wouldn't want him coming off at speed now. ;)

I went to the local hardware store and bought a chrome drawer pull for a couple of dollars. Still haven't installed it yet though.
That was long before I gladly inherited the "Chrome Don't Get You Home" policy. My next LT will have ZERO chrome on it, if I can help it. When my bike fell over in Cabela's parking lot last summer, I should've taken that opportunity and changed out everything to non-chrome. Oh well...live & learn.

As for that cheesy door pull you bought . . . install it on a drawer where it belongs. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts