BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had a little trouble starting my bike when it is hot from being ridden. It typically takes a good while (maybe 15 seconds) before it catches. I have overcome the problem by hitting the start button briefly, stopping, and then trying again; it fires up immediately every time. Anyone else have a similar experience? What's going on?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Seems to be a common problem. I usually open blip the throttle before starting if the engine is warm.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I have no idea why. Probably a vacuum something or other. Good news is, it does start back up.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
It always did that on my 02 when it was hot - try opening the throttle a little on start up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
starting

This is news to me. My 2000 starts right up with a very short bump of the button hot or cold.

·
Registered
339 Posts
amarider said:
It always did that on my 02 when it was hot - try opening the throttle a little on start up.

ditto

Crack the throttle a little and let some cooler denser air get into the cylinders. Pumping it a few times will only build up your wrist muscles, and not pump any extra fuel in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts