BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On September 26 I became the second person to complete this extreme LD ride of 4500 miles in under 72 hours . Basically the ride is three back to back BBG (1500-24). The first person to complete the ride was John Ryan on a K-75 . John also rode the K-75 to a 7th place finish in the IBR this year. The 2002 LT performed flawless and currently has over 72,000 miles on the odometer. OEM final drive and clutch slave cylinder. Ride report to follow soon.

Pete

·
Registered
538 Posts
Do you know the avg. mph for that distance? Of course you do.....That is awesome. Congrats to you and the bike......You were riding like you stole it

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Congrats Pete,
I read some of the explotes of your ride on the LD forum from your partner that broke down at the end and just missed..... :(

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Pete,
Congrats on a very tough ride.
Having done a BBG back to back I must say I am impressed.
You know the dark side well, perhaps I can get a map of that area from you. ~;-)

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Congrats on a massive ride! I can still recall the way I felt at the end of my single BBG and I can't imagine doing two in a row, let alone three!?! That's super human stamina.

·
IBR# 366
16,562 Posts
Well done, Pete. Most impressive. We look forward to reading your ride report.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BBG 3x

Thanks for the support
Pete

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Way to go!

Congratulations, Pete. Having done one BBG, I don't see how it would be possible to do three in a row. I'm still trying to figure out how I can do two in a row. :eek: Way to go! Not many will be in your league. :cool:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dick, if you did one you can do 2 . What do you see as your barrier ? I Can help let me know.
Regards, Pete

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Don't know if I could.

Hi Pete,

The main barrier is fatigue. Due to my call schedule and other commitments, it is difficult for me to ever be fully rested prior to starting a ride. Also, the time required to be away from my practice is another. I don't think that I have an physical barriers currently, as I have never been ready to get off my bike at anytime. 1546 miles is the most I've ridden in one day, which took 22 hours. Mainly due to an hour delay in Kansas City due to both their professional football and baseball teams finishing a game at the same time.

I'm not sure that I could do 2 in a row with only 1-2 hours sleep. After my BBG, I ate breakfast and rode another 200 miles (looking around Colorado mountains) before stopping for a nap, 6 hours later. If I could get 2-3 weeks of normal sleep prior to starting, I probably could do 2 BBGs, but 3, I don't know. At 58 y/o, I'm not sure I could ever do 3 BBGs. My hat is off to you. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts