BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all: The wife and I are planning on doing a trip from Alberta, through Montana and then spending 2-3 weeks in Wyoming. I need a good route that will take us to all of the high points. Thought we would drop into Wyoming at Red Lodge and try and go kind of a clockwise trip, ending up a Yellowstone and heading home through Idaho and back into Alberta. Any suggestions??

Thanks is advance...Craig

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,425 Posts
I recommend going south on 212 (Beartooth Highway, but not until late June). Then Chief Joseph Scenic Byway (296), Then 120 to Cody, then 14 into Yellowstone. 191 up to Old Faithful, then work your way up to Missoula and 12 (Lolo Pass) into Idaho.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Go to the Big Horn mountains ,Hwy 14 & 16. Both are great roads. Some good roads around the Devils Tower also. Go south into the Medicine Bow Mountains along the Wyoming/ Colorado border. Highway 26 on the northside and 189 on the south side of the Wind River range are good routes. Some wide open highways from Cody south to Rawlings with some stunning views. Wyoming has it all.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your suggestions!

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts