BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be heading to Robbinsville, NC the first part of April and will have 4 solid days in the area. Besides the Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and the motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley, what suggestions do we have for roads to ride, things to see and places to eat. We will be staying in moteling in Robbinsville the entire time but will consider moving to different town/motel if we have a do not miss more than say 150 miles from Robbinsville.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,245 Posts
There is plenty to do there Bill. Our group meets up there every April (19-21 this year) and October and we base out of the Ironhorse lodge just over 143 from Robbinsville. You have listed some of the great roads already but here is another one of my favorites. Over in the Nathanhala forest (143 over to 28 then south on 74) there is Wayah Road that will take you into Franklin. Then you can ride 28 back up to 74. The Blue Ridge Parkway is nice and most of the tunnels are in the start in Cherokee and run up to Water Rock Knob Lookout. River Road on the North side of the park from Townsend (take Dragon to Foothills Parkway to 321) and follow it to Gatlinburg or cut back on 441 and over New Found Gap back to Cherokee. Really nice after a rain with tons of little water falls.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
theoldone said:
Will be heading to Robbinsville, NC the first part of April and will have 4 solid days in the area. Besides the Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and the motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley, what suggestions do we have for roads to ride, things to see and places to eat. We will be staying in moteling in Robbinsville the entire time but will consider moving to different town/motel if we have a do not miss more than say 150 miles from Robbinsville.
Check this site http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ for some additional roads in the area. You could pull out a TN or NC map and throw a dart at this area and have a good chance of hitting a great road. Highway 337 from just outside Townsend TN to 441 outside Cherokee NC is one of my favorites.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info guys, looking forward to a great trip

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did a ZDayZ event in the area a couple of years ago. My wife and I did a TSD rally and a poker run that took us off some of the beaten trails onto some beautiful roads around Fontana we wouldn't have otherwise traveled. I think I have the instructions saved in pdf somewhere if you are interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts