BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
No idea what PPP is, but I think I would start with a battery disconnect for several minutes to see if it will reboot.

Reactions: Munmi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea what PPP is, but I think I would start with a battery disconnect for several minutes to see if it will reboot.
I'll give that a try.

I don't have any idea either. I just got the bike out of storage a few weeks ago, and when I started it up it shows "PPP" on the display. Everything was fine when I put it in storage last October.
I figure it's a code for something, but I haven't been able to find anything on the internet.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
probably water in the electrics, there is a post back in 2012 with the same symptoms unfortunately there was no conclusion, they had just ridden through seriously wet conditions.

old post here

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,247 Posts
There is a trick to get the BC into a mode for calibrating the MPG factors. Key on, press and hold both the reset and mode buttons at the same time and then press the BC button. Worth a shot. Next I would pull the connector off and let it sit. Then reconnect. If no joy, look to e-bay for a replacement.

Reactions: saddleman
1 - 8 of 8 Posts