BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with BMW dealers refusing to work on a BMW LT trikes? I've heard that some dealers are refusing to work on them because they can't get them up on a hoist. Maybe it's just a rumor. I'd hate to run into something like that if I was traveling cross country.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Some will and some won't. I have my own lift but that dosen't do you any good while traveling. I have had several dealers refuse to work on it. They didn't give a reason. The other said it took up to much space, couldn't lift it, no time and no one to spare to work on it. Basically, not enough profit or it wasn't low hanging fruit. I now have the best mechanic concerning the LT (ErnieA on this forum).

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I had adealer tell me "twice the hourly rate for trikes and sidecars and no hourly flat rate time."
Went to another dealer and same as all other BMW's but may cost additional time if the conversion body causes more labor.......................
As for lift, the dealer worked it out until he bought an extension for his lift......................

·
Registered
116 Posts
Las Vegas BMW once said they didn't want to work on it. Service manager has since changed, and they now do stuff that doesn't require a lift. I have not asked lately if they would do major wrenching on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Grass Roots in Cape Girardeau, MO is also a Hannigan dealer so they work on it no problem. But Charge more if more stuff (like the running boards) have to be taken off to get the work done. But that only makes sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts