BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who happen to have your LTs triked as I do, you may have faced a similar problem as I did regarding the cover. I have two antennas on my 05 (radio and CB) and the Hannigan cover which I purchased at the time of conversion is great except for needing to remove the antennas every time I put the cover on.

To solve this problem, I removed the antennas, installed the cover, marked the spots where the antennas needed to come through, marked it and then cut a small round hole at each place. I then used a piece of 1/8" thick flexible rubber pad to cut out 4 inch diameter discs and cut 4 slits in each one. I then used contact cement to glue two at each hole, one on either side with the slits offset (to maximize the leak proofing of the slits).

Now I am able to install the cover without removing the antennas and they actually help to secure the cover in high winds too. I've sent this suggestion to Hannigan so that maybe they'll include this option on future models, or at least offer it as an option.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cover mod pics

Didn't have these yesterday.
One of the rubber discs was not fully set and I moved it accidentally. That's why one of them looks a little less than professional. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Triker said:
For those of you who happen to have your LTs triked as I do, you may have faced a similar problem as I did regarding the cover. I have two antennas on my 05 (radio and CB) and the Hannigan cover which I purchased at the time of conversion is great except for needing to remove the antennas every time I put the cover on.

To solve this problem, I removed the antennas, installed the cover, marked the spots where the antennas needed to come through, marked it and then cut a small round hole at each place. I then used a piece of 1/8" thick flexible rubber pad to cut out 4 inch diameter discs and cut 4 slits in each one. I then used contact cement to glue two at each hole, one on either side with the slits offset (to maximize the leak proofing of the slits).

Now I am able to install the cover without removing the antennas and they actually help to secure the cover in high winds too. I've sent this suggestion to Hannigan so that maybe they'll include this option on future models, or at least offer it as an option.
I too have a Hannigan K LT trike and two different 1/2 covers both of which cover the top 1/2 (or so) of the trike without interfering with the antenna. The covers slide between the antenna mast and the top case. Works for me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts