BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a 2000 k1200 lt and plan to do a few road trips since it doesn't have a luggage rack on top of the back rest storage I am open to all suggestions to travel bags to use plus what type of medium tank bag non magnetic with a see thru area for a large cell phone thanks for your time and suggestions

·
Registered
275 Posts
You're going to have some trouble finding a tank bag. Most regular tank bags would inhibit the handlebars on a tight turn. I'm using a small one made for the depression to the left of the stingray. Bag is velcro-mounted, called a Stingray and was at bikershut.net
They may be out of business. Their website doesn't work anymore.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 2000 LT and use the RKA 8 liter tank bag which works well for me and fits your description.
See link: RKATankbag Page

As far as the travel bag is concerned I am not clear about your description of your rear storage area available. I use a Motorrad waterproof travel bag that I attach it to my rear rack with quick release snap buckles. Also I have attached the bag to the rear seat cushion and use it as a temporary backrest. I remove the bag at my destination and take it to my room for overnight use.
See link: https://www.amazon.com/BMW-MOTORRAD-SOFT-SMALL-77478548323/dp/B00VKTHJZY

Good luck with your LT and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Hello everyone I have a 2000 k1200 lt and plan to do a few road trips since it doesn't have a luggage rack on top of the back rest storage I am open to all suggestions to travel bags to use plus what type of medium tank bag non magnetic with a see thru area for a large cell phone thanks for your time and suggestions
I use the Kathy's Journey liners for the side bags and trunk and have been very happy with them. They were reasonably priced from Bob's BMW, lightweight and have held up well over 8 years, 56,000 miles and probably at least 200 days of use including tours of Europe and the UK where they fit the GTL reasonably well.

I have the BMW rack and thus also use the Kathy's rackhttp://kathysjourneydesigns.com/ bag which works great to carry rain gear, bike cover, etc., things that can stand to get a little wet.

Kathys Journey Designs - motorcyle case liners for BMW / Yamaha / Kawasaki / Givi / Shad - the only bags with a lifetime guarantee - brought to you exclusively by KJD!

I bought the small 6L tank bag from Racer Parts Wholesale. The bayonet mount is somewhat ugly when the bag is not attached, but it is a slick system. The bars barely kiss the bag in a full left lock turn and don't touch in a right turn. I got the electrical option so I can charge devices in the bag as I ride.

Tank Bags - Marsee Corona Mount Bag for BMW K1200LT

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Like Voyager, I have the complete set of Kathys Journey bags (side cases, top case, and top case rack bags), which have worked out very well during several multi-state tours. If you need additional carrying capacity (since you don't have the top case rack), and don't tour with a passenger, you might also consider looking into getting a BMR luggage rack which mounts over the rear seating area. It is easily removable, as it is held in place by 4 thumb screws that can only be removed with the side cases open - good for holding camping equipment if you are in to that type of touring. :bmw:

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the Cee Bailys liners. Great bags everything fits and you take them right into the hotel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts