BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2003 LT with 73,500 miles on it.
within the the last 10k miles, shifting in 3rd and 4th have become a bit noisy. A bit of a clunk as it shifts. 1st 2nd and 5th are always quite. Any ideas whats going on here. It shifts fine and never have had a problem there. When shifting into those gears, its sounds a bit like the old HD i owned.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
First thing I would do is adjust the lever wheel at clutch lever so you are getting more clutch travel ( lever further out ) and then go ride it and see if better clutch disengagement smooths out the shifts ?

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
motorhead said:
First thing I would do is adjust the lever wheel at clutch lever so you are getting more clutch travel ( lever further out ) and then go ride it and see if better clutch disengagement smooths out the shifts ?
Gosh, I thought the lever wheel was just for adjusting for long or short fingers. I didn't think it had anything to do with clutch travel. I've been wrong before. Guess I better study that a bit.

On my '03 I have the tunes on all the time so I can't tell you if it sounds any different shitfting from different gears or not. Transmission oil level OK? ( level with the bottom of the fill hole behind the right foot plate while on the center stand) :bmw:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts