BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could you help please, I am trying to get the part number for the above part which was mounted on the top right hand side of my gear box, I have found a part on the OEM drawings of 23007660180 but this shows 2 securing bolt holes, mine, as per the Clymer manual, only has one
Is this sensor for the reverse gear ????

·
Registered
130 Posts
It would help us all be on the same page if you let us know what year your bike is. If it is an early model and you are talking about the speed sensor on top of the final drive, that has a known pinch point that damages the wire. This is a well documented repair and is easily done.

Here is a link to a thread covering this.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70699

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi sorry should have said
she is a 1999 K1200lt model and has both reverse gear and cruise control, I am talking about the sensor on the transmission not the final drive

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just replaced the speed sensor about a month ago and that is the correct part number.
Per Max BMW parts fiche the # is 23 00 7 660 180.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Patroa1, could you let me know, were you able to change this with the bike fully built up, I have mine stripped down to replace clutch, not sure whether to put engine back up in place if this is going to cause a problem

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes you can replace the sensor with engine and drive line in place, but as long as you have tranny out you might as well do it now. If you wait till after you reassemble everything the only thing you need to do is cut the allen wrench down so you can get to the bolt ..... it gets a little tight .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts