BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am ready to change the fluid in the transmission, which fluid do you guys recomment to use................

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
printman said:
am ready to change the fluid in the transmission, which fluid do you guys recomment to use................
I was reading thru the 'similar threads' below your post and the second listing has some pretty good info regarding tranny fluids. Hope that'll help.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as much as I research in the search section tranny uses the same oil as the rear end mobil 1 syncetic gear oil ? ...............

·
Registered
192 Posts
printman said:
as much as I research in the search section tranny uses the same oil as the rear end mobil 1 syncetic gear oil ? ...............
Yes, I use Mobile 1 in both the transmission and the rear drive. One quart will change both.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Royal Purple synthetic in both gear box and final drive. Matches the bike!

Loren

·
Registered
96 Posts
What weight M1? I use 75w140 for the rear diff on a truck I own and am hoping the bmw can use the same weight. Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
I called a local BMW bike repair shop (non-dealer) -- was advised to use 75w-140 synthetic (wally world and auto zone carries it). I use it in the final drive and tranny.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I use the synth...Dan Martin advised I use different colors in the fd an d tranny to help id any future leak. That's what I did. Purple in the fd, not in the tranny.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
lartross said:
I use the synth...Dan Martin advised I use different colors in the fd an d tranny to help id any future leak. That's what I did. Purple in the fd, not in the tranny.

+1 on the above.

This if there is a leak you at least know where to start looking...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Royal Purple synthetic in both gear box and final drive. Matches the bike!

Loren
What color gas do you use Loren? :histerica

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Redline Shockproof Heavy
Smooths out shifting........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts