BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought you may find this helpful.

Attached is a word document which has the template for the transmission drain template. Just print it out and trace it on the material you would like to use as drain.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,927 Posts
I have one made out of thick rubber mat material and I never spill a drop.

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
grifscoots said:
I use a quart oil container cut to fit, the small part that goes under the tranny drain plug being the bottom of the container. It drains thru the screw top. If you drop the drain plug it just sits in the container.

I used to use the mat, but you have to clean it before storing.
And don't forgit the puppy training pads to catch all the spillage and then fold up and toss in the trash. Plus, I use Nitrile gloves and leave no evidence that ole Toad has enjoyed a tranfusion!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
Just a little cardboard (disposable) and yesterdays paper! Simple, always available and then it's time to warm it up..... Hate making it too complicated.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've used this template or one like it and it does work well. After Dave Shealey showed me his version of the of the empty oil container drain tool (sounds like what Grif is describing) I switched to that. Dave posted some pictures of it a while back, probably in the archives now, which show it's construction and use. Whether you use the template (and cut one out of cardboard or plastic) or use the modified oil container you'll make far less of a mess. Well worth the effort.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it was taken from the service manual.

Just print the page and trace it to any material you desire as a funnel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts