BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the zumo 655llm.

I created a route using mapsource on my computer and copied the route to the micro sd card. I put the card into the 655.

How can I find the routes on the micro sd card so that I can navigate them or do I have to transfer the routes via the usb cable?

Thanks in advance.

Bob :wave

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
yeah you need to use the cable to transfer with map source, I don't have one like yours but you will find the card is for mp3's, photo's etc
someone else will give you the answer
Linton

·
Premium Member
5,114 Posts
Lopaca said:
I just got the zumo 655llm.

I created a route using mapsource on my computer and copied the route to the micro sd card. I put the card into the 655.

How can I find the routes on the micro sd card so that I can navigate them or do I have to transfer the routes via the usb cable?

Thanks in advance.

Bob :wave
I have the old 550, but I should think that the process is the same.

Using a USB cable is the best way if you don't know your way around file structures. However, you can do it the way that you are attempting. Now, you must export your route as a .gpx file. Next, copy that file to a folder on your expansion card. The folder has to be named GPX, and I believe (don't have my Zumo in here handy for reference) that it is a sub-directory of a main folder named Garmin. In any case, if you have done this right, when you turn on your Zumo, it well "see" the file and prompt you to see if you want to import the "new" waypoints or routes. It's easy from here on.

The important thing is that you must have the right directory structure for the Zumo to "see" your file.

·
Registered
616 Posts
PadG said:
I have the old 550, but I should think that the process is the same.

Using a USB cable is the best way if you don't know your way around file structures. However, you can do it the way that you are attempting. Now, you must export your route as a .gpx file. Next, copy that file to a folder on your expansion card. The folder has to be named GPX, and I believe (don't have my Zumo in here handy for reference) that it is a sub-directory of a main folder named Garmin. In any case, if you have done this right, when you turn on your Zumo, it well "see" the file and prompt you to see if you want to import the "new" waypoints or routes. It's easy from here on.

The important thing is that you must have the right directory structure for the Zumo to "see" your file.
Right...put the gpx file(s) in a folder named Garmin/GPX on the SD card.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much!

Thanks to all for the advice and the respones. I appreciate it. :)

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
The 665 might tell you it found new data and ask if you want to import it (when you save it onto the memory chip).

While importing it , it tells you the progress up to 100%. Then, you will find your route in a custom route.

I use mapquest--gave up trying to figure out Base-Camp and whatever mapping program that 665s use to come with.

Once in a while i'll use Bing to establish the route and then use the routing points to make the route in mapquest.

bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts