BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, it looks like I bent the trailing arm on my front suspension. The last few weeks we were in Florida this last winter the front of our '02 K1200LT/Hannigan lost some ride height. It looked like it was setting about 1 inch or so lower that it use to. So after we got home to Michigan for the summer, I took the sidecar off & put the bike on my lift backwards with the rear wheel in the clamp. I check the trailing arm with a strait edge & compared it with my friends LT. It looks like there is around a 3+MM deference at were the back of the boss the ball joint rides on between the two. I am thinking this might make the angle of how the ball joint sets together & lower it a few more MM. Then, because the front wheel on my bike is moved forward with the steer light set up. Maybe by the time you extend that out to the front axle it might be close to the drop I had it the front end…or not… :cboy:

Anyway, I need to find a good strait trailing arm to replace my OEM one. There are a few on E-bay, but the bikes there were on looked like they were on the ground hard.:eek:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
The ones I saw when I was looking at the bikes they came off of looked wrecked pretty bad. Without having a good arm It's hard to compare them. I bent mine bad enough that the tire was up against the lower engine cover.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts