BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The only hitch I have found is the Bushtec hitch, and the Dauntless, anyone know of others and info how locate

would also consider buying a used one if someone is selling ...

Mike

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
While I'm sure the Dauntless is quality hitch, and it certainly is a more sophisticated design, I HAVE seen pictures of them bent. I went with the Hitch Doc due to the "no brainer" approach and stout appearance, but it is a bit of a pain to take it off to change your rear tire.

You may want to go here and lurk - lots of good stuff if you dig around and search:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello....I got mine at hitchdoc.com, price is $294. You can get the hitch in either chrome or case color. They are very easy to install, under 30 minutes and they look good also. Good luck :bmw:

·
Registered
86 Posts
lenny said:
what did you do for a wiring harness ?
it came with the trailer that i bought....also easy to install..... :). you can view trailer at www.forbro.com. I have the the starlight 19 model and I don't even know it is there when I am pulling and it has tons of storage. Now forbro is a Canadian distributor, but the trailers are made in the U.S. I am very very happy with my trailer and I highly recommend it. :bmw:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know what model but scanning e-bay i believe there is a k1200lt trailer hitch you might want to take a gander at... looked used but i have been thinking of getting one myself...
good luck and please post any info you have on the new or used hitch you get in the future..
:eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kudos to Bushtech

For what it's worth. I've been using the Bushtec hitch for four years and have pulled a rather heavy tent trailer (250lb empty) for over 25,000 kilometers with it including a trip from Vancouver Island to Key West. It may not look the best but it sure is one strong hitch.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Warranty implications?

Does installing a hitch (which obviously indicates that you are towing something) have any affect on the warranty?

Has anyone had any problems with warranty work after bringing in a K12 with a hitch installed?

·
Registered
86 Posts
WhenI put my hitch on, my dealer said it could void the warranty but that he would turn a blid eye to it if anything happened, so it all depends on your dealer. Mine rocks!! :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
TonyStanley said:
It may not look the best but it sure is one strong hitch.
It looks identical to the Hitch Doc. Am I correct or not? Also, what was the price of your Bushtec hitch? I can't find it on their site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts