BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else installed the Kisan Trailblazer on the rack brakelite? I've got everything done, but finding a suitable power wire to splice into. Kisan recommends the 'green' wire going to the heated backrest, but 1) no green wire on my 2006, and 2) one of the wires seems to work, but only when the rear seat heater is turned on. Help.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
They most likely meant to reference the green wire in the connector to the rear seat as it is a switched source. I know there is a hot wire in the top case for the courtesy light but I can't find it on the diagram. Will keep looking.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Get a test light. Find the connector for the back seat heater. At that area, using the test light, you will find which wire is hot when the key is on. Connect to that wire and you're set. On my '04 LT the supplied wire from the Tailblazer wasn't long enough after I routed it so I needed to extend it. I also found that the Tailblazer didn't provide the brake flashing function until the bike was running (providing extra electrical current). Great product, works wonderfully!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts